Finding My Router IP Address - Wireless

This is a discussion on Finding My Router IP Address - Wireless ; Hi All, Windows Xp home; Nexxt Wireless Adapter; Laptop - Broadcom 802.11 b/g adapter; Router- Linksys WRT54G. In our home network I am seeing all the signal strength bars but cannot connect to the internet. Sometimes I get the limited ...

  1. Finding My Router IP Address

    Hi All,

    Windows Xp home; Nexxt Wireless Adapter; Laptop - Broadcom 802.11 b/g
    adapter; Router- Linksys WRT54G.
    In our home network I am seeing all the signal strength bars but
    cannot connect to the internet. Sometimes I get the limited or
    connectivity message with 2 bars.

    Question: I know the Hostname is "SunnyBoy" How can I find the IP
    address to check the router settings using the Browser without
    physically resetting the router? I know it is not the default value.

    Any suggestions on the connectivity issue? (I read some articles
    already on the net.)

    Much thanks,

    Biggy

  2. Re: Finding My Router IP Address

    "BiggyTwo" wrote in message
    news:1178576987.134855.70620@o5g2000hsb.googlegrou ps.com...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Windows Xp home; Nexxt Wireless Adapter; Laptop - Broadcom 802.11 b/g
    > adapter; Router- Linksys WRT54G.
    > In our home network I am seeing all the signal strength bars but
    > cannot connect to the internet. Sometimes I get the limited or
    > connectivity message with 2 bars.
    >
    > Question: I know the Hostname is "SunnyBoy" How can I find the IP
    > address to check the router settings using the Browser without
    > physically resetting the router? I know it is not the default value.
    >
    > Any suggestions on the connectivity issue? (I read some articles
    > already on the net.)
    >
    > Much thanks,
    >
    > Biggy

    Open a cmd prompt window.
    run the command

    ipconfig

    Default Gateway is the IP address of your router.

+ Reply to Thread