I can't connect to a public wireless network... - Wireless

This is a discussion on I can't connect to a public wireless network... - Wireless ; >I am trying to connect to a public wireless network that our entire building is >on. > I receive the limited/no connectivity error. I repair and it doesn't > work. > > I have ipconfig/release and renew. I have also ...

  1. I can't connect to a public wireless network...

    >I am trying to connect to a public wireless network that our entire building
    is
    >on.
    > I receive the limited/no connectivity error. I repair and it doesn't
    > work.
    >
    > I have ipconfig/release and renew. I have also made sure that the DNS,
    > DHCP, and RPC are started. I have rebooted. I think all my firewalls are
    > turned off. I am at a complete loss.
    >
    > Where do I go from here?

    I recommend you post to the wireless networking newsgroup.

  2. Re: I can't connect to a public wireless network...

    Hi
    Check with the Building people if you need a special credentials, or and if
    they need to record your system ID (like Wireless Card MAC number).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Red Brand" wrote in message
    > >I am trying to connect to a public wireless network that our entire
    > >building

    > is
    >>on.
    >> I receive the limited/no connectivity error. I repair and it doesn't
    >> work.
    >>
    >> I have ipconfig/release and renew. I have also made sure that the DNS,
    >> DHCP, and RPC are started. I have rebooted. I think all my firewalls
    >> are
    >> turned off. I am at a complete loss.
    >>
    >> Where do I go from here?

    > I recommend you post to the wireless networking newsgroup.

+ Reply to Thread