Can't connect to the Internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't connect to the Internet - Wireless ; I have a wireless peer-to-peer network. It was working fine until recently. PC2 connects wirelessly fine to PC1, but now PC2 cannot open any web page. I tried turning off the firewall in both PCs to no avail. I even ...

  1. Can't connect to the Internet

    I have a wireless peer-to-peer network. It was working fine until recently.
    PC2 connects wirelessly fine to PC1, but now PC2 cannot open any web page. I
    tried turning off the firewall in both PCs to no avail. I even tried
    restoring PC2 to an earlier check point.

    Both PCs are running Windows XP SP2.

    I'm not very techy. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

  2. Re: Can't connect to the Internet

    Can you ping a public IP? If yes, check the DNS settings. Or this link may help,

    How to troubleshoot internet access issuesNone of the networking computers can access the Internet. ... Related Topics. Can’t access the Internet via USB after enabling NIC for network ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Inter...netaccess0.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "SNIsRetired" wrote in message news:12525A4F-E92F-4ED1-9E26-D0768BA45218@microsoft.com...
    I have a wireless peer-to-peer network. It was working fine until recently.
    PC2 connects wirelessly fine to PC1, but now PC2 cannot open any web page. I
    tried turning off the firewall in both PCs to no avail. I even tried
    restoring PC2 to an earlier check point.

    Both PCs are running Windows XP SP2.

    I'm not very techy. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

+ Reply to Thread