Unable to connect - Wireless

This is a discussion on Unable to connect - Wireless ; Hi, I have a lap top dell inspiron 6400 running Windows XP. I have been connected with no problems for 2 months. My computer was able to automatically connect to the internet until just recently. Suddenly it stopped work properly. ...

  1. Unable to connect

    Hi,
    I have a lap top dell inspiron 6400 running Windows XP. I have been
    connected with no problems for 2 months. My computer was able to
    automatically connect to the internet until just recently. Suddenly it
    stopped work properly. It does not show any problem but I can not connect.
    The wireless adapter shows my network in the range, some times it connect but
    connection is lost in a few seconds, sometimes it can not even detect the
    network. I really do not have idea what is going on, everything was smooth
    this morning. The Internet is ok as now I am connected troug cable
    I really appreciate any help to have it fixed
    Cheers

  2. RE: Unable to connect

    I have read a number of questions in this discussion group similar to yours.
    I have the same issue. Up until recently I had no problem accessing wireless
    networks and about amonth ago the issue appeared.

    Can this be a Microsoft bug that came through automatic updates?

    I am using XP Home IE release 7.

    "Bruno" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a lap top dell inspiron 6400 running Windows XP. I have been
    > connected with no problems for 2 months. My computer was able to
    > automatically connect to the internet until just recently. Suddenly it
    > stopped work properly. It does not show any problem but I can not connect.
    > The wireless adapter shows my network in the range, some times it connect but
    > connection is lost in a few seconds, sometimes it can not even detect the
    > network. I really do not have idea what is going on, everything was smooth
    > this morning. The Internet is ok as now I am connected troug cable
    > I really appreciate any help to have it fixed
    > Cheers

+ Reply to Thread