Wireless Card constantly goes offline when unattended - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Card constantly goes offline when unattended - Wireless ; I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with an Intell WiFi card. It doesn't disconnect when I am in front of the computer, actively using it, but I walk away for an hour or so, it will disconnect from the Internet, ...

  1. Wireless Card constantly goes offline when unattended

    I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with an Intell WiFi card. It doesn't disconnect
    when I am in front of the computer, actively using it, but I walk away for an
    hour or so, it will disconnect from the Internet, and the only way I can get
    it back online is to Repair it.

    I've got WPA on my wireless router, so I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors
    isn't wardriving and knocking me off my own network.

    Any reason why this would be doing this?

  2. Re: Wireless Card constantly goes offline when unattended

    Hi
    Make sure that the Power Saving in the Wireless Card Drivers is Unchecked
    (I.e. No Power Saving).
    Look at other Standby settings and get the Network components out of the
    Standby "Loop".
    I.e. make sure that as far as the Network is concerned every thing is kept
    alive even when you are Not using the computer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Matt M." wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with an Intell WiFi card. It doesn't
    >disconnect
    > when I am in front of the computer, actively using it, but I walk away for
    > an
    > hour or so, it will disconnect from the Internet, and the only way I can
    > get
    > it back online is to Repair it.
    >
    > I've got WPA on my wireless router, so I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors
    > isn't wardriving and knocking me off my own network.
    >
    > Any reason why this would be doing this?

+ Reply to Thread