Automatic Private Address - Wireless

This is a discussion on Automatic Private Address - Wireless ; I installed a new Linksys wireless laptop card and connected to my wireless network (my home pc). Although I am showing connection with "excellent" signal strength, my computer shows "limited or no connectivity." The only thing I can see is ...

  1. Automatic Private Address

    I installed a new Linksys wireless laptop card and connected to my wireless
    network (my home pc). Although I am showing connection with "excellent"
    signal strength, my computer shows "limited or no connectivity." The only
    thing I can see is that it shows "Automatic Private Address." Is this my
    problem and if so, how do I fix it? I've worked on it for 3 days!!

    Thank you!
    Barbara

  2. Re: Automatic Private Address

    Hi
    If you want to use Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC), make sure that
    the Linksys Wireless Utility is Not running too.
    Check the status of the security to make sure that it is set similarly in
    the Router and the computer.
    In General.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Barbara" wrote in message
    >I installed a new Linksys wireless laptop card and connected to my wireless
    > network (my home pc). Although I am showing connection with "excellent"
    > signal strength, my computer shows "limited or no connectivity." The only
    > thing I can see is that it shows "Automatic Private Address." Is this my
    > problem and if so, how do I fix it? I've worked on it for 3 days!!
    >
    > Thank you!
    > Barbara

+ Reply to Thread