No connection Vista /XP. - Wireless

This is a discussion on No connection Vista /XP. - Wireless ; Problem is, that I can't get a connection from my Vista (wireless) laptop to the WinXP (wired) LAN. From WinXP LAN I have a connection to the Vista laptop, but not the other way around. I use a Linksys WRT54GL ...

  1. No connection Vista /XP.

    Problem is, that I can't get a connection from my Vista (wireless)
    laptop to the WinXP (wired) LAN.
    From WinXP LAN I have a connection to the Vista laptop, but not the
    other way around.
    I use a Linksys WRT54GL wireless router.
    Sitting in the garden I would like to connect to my desktop to pick up
    files etc.

    Is this a Vista problem or a router problem?
    --
    groeten, pleerol (pleelol, in het Chinees) :-)
    If your feet smell and your nose runs - you're built upside down.

  2. Re: No connection Vista /XP.

    Hi
    If both computer can use the Internet through the Router then your
    difficulty is Not Router related.
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "pleerol" wrote in message
    > Problem is, that I can't get a connection from my Vista (wireless) laptop
    > to the WinXP (wired) LAN.
    > From WinXP LAN I have a connection to the Vista laptop, but not the other
    > way around.
    > I use a Linksys WRT54GL wireless router.
    > Sitting in the garden I would like to connect to my desktop to pick up
    > files etc.
    >
    > Is this a Vista problem or a router problem?
    > --
    > groeten, pleerol (pleelol, in het Chinees) :-)
    > If your feet smell and your nose runs - you're built upside down.

+ Reply to Thread