Sharing Files - Wireless

This is a discussion on Sharing Files - Wireless ; I can access one computer but I can not access the other? I get this error message (the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer)? Any suggestions?...

  1. Sharing Files

    I can access one computer but I can not access the other? I get this error
    message (the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
    computer)? Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Sharing Files

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "gderit" wrote in message
    >I can access one computer but I can not access the other? I get this error
    > message (the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
    > computer)? Any suggestions?

  3. Re: Sharing Files

    I would check the firewall first. Or this troubleshooting may help,

    Access issues"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the resources" ... Message: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "gderit" wrote in message news:E25B6321-7304-4B4A-839F-CA874F751B68@microsoft.com...
    I can access one computer but I can not access the other? I get this error
    message (the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
    computer)? Any suggestions?

  4. Re: Sharing Files

    On Thu, 3 May 2007 18:11:00 -0700, gderit
    wrote:

    >I can access one computer but I can not access the other? I get this error
    >message (the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
    >computer)? Any suggestions?

    This is a Local Security Policy setting for the specific account on the targeted
    computer.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...s-xp.html#Help

    --
    Cheers,