Find an IP of a device - Wireless

This is a discussion on Find an IP of a device - Wireless ; Hello all. Can anyone explain how I can find the IP adress of another device on my network? It is actually my wireless router, but it is not DHCP. The DHCP is in a modem connected to an antenna as ...

  1. Find an IP of a device

    Hello all.

    Can anyone explain how I can find the IP adress of another device on
    my network?

    It is actually my wireless router, but it is not DHCP. The DHCP is in
    a modem connected to an antenna as this broadband is wireless. I do
    not have access to the modem, so to make the local wireless network
    work, I disabled DHCP on the router. When I now run ipconfig i get the
    default gateway to be 192.168.2.1 wich is the IP of the modem. So I
    guess the router has an IP in the 192.168... range but how do I find
    it?

    Anyone?

  2. Re: Find an IP of a device

    On 3-May-2007, Cub71 wrote:

    > Can anyone explain how I can find the IP adress of another device on
    > my network?

    I use Angry IP Scanner
    http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/
    it's free and open source.

    You can set favourites
    I have
    10.0.0.0 to 10.0.0.255 for my local network
    and 2 ranges for other networks I need to
    keep an eye on
    nnn.nnn.nnn.0 to nnn.nnn.nnn.255

  3. Re: Find an IP of a device

    Hi
    Download and run this free utility,
    http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Cub71" wrote in message
    news:1178185348.391186.120670@c35g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello all.
    >
    > Can anyone explain how I can find the IP adress of another device on
    > my network?
    >
    > It is actually my wireless router, but it is not DHCP. The DHCP is in
    > a modem connected to an antenna as this broadband is wireless. I do
    > not have access to the modem, so to make the local wireless network
    > work, I disabled DHCP on the router. When I now run ipconfig i get the
    > default gateway to be 192.168.2.1 wich is the IP of the modem. So I
    > guess the router has an IP in the 192.168... range but how do I find
    > it?
    >
    > Anyone?

  4. Re: Find an IP of a device

    "Cub71" wrote in message
    news:1178185348.391186.120670@c35g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello all.
    >
    > Can anyone explain how I can find the IP adress of another device on
    > my network?
    >
    > It is actually my wireless router, but it is not DHCP. The DHCP is in
    > a modem connected to an antenna as this broadband is wireless. I do
    > not have access to the modem, so to make the local wireless network
    > work, I disabled DHCP on the router. When I now run ipconfig i get the
    > default gateway to be 192.168.2.1 wich is the IP of the modem. So I
    > guess the router has an IP in the 192.168... range but how do I find
    > it?
    >
    > Anyone?

    If your running Vista on at least one machine then the network map will show
    IP and MAC addresses for local nodes...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...NetworkMap.jpg

    For XP SP2 nodes you need to download and install the LLTD package...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

+ Reply to Thread