Can I Repeat? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can I Repeat? - Wireless ; I have an old 3com Access Point (3CRWE747A) with up to 128bit WEP encryption that I'd like to use to extend the range of my DLink DI-524 router. Can it be done?...

  1. Can I Repeat?

    I have an old 3com Access Point (3CRWE747A) with up to 128bit WEP encryption
    that I'd like to use to extend the range of my DLink DI-524 router. Can it
    be done?

  2. Re: Can I Repeat?

    Hi
    The data sheet of the product should state if it can act as a Repeater.
    If it can not, you can lay a cable to a second location thta would allow
    better transmission, and connect the Access Point to the main Router
    (http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html ). Cable connection works better since
    you get the full bandwitdh of the Access Point (Repeater cuts it to half).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    >I have an old 3com Access Point (3CRWE747A) with up to 128bit WEP
    >encryption that I'd like to use to extend the range of my DLink DI-524
    >router. Can it be done?

+ Reply to Thread