printer setup for wireless - Wireless

This is a discussion on printer setup for wireless - Wireless ; I have just setup a notebook on a wireless netgear router. There is also a desktop attached to the router but it is wired in, I cannot access the Desktop from the laptop to setup the printer that is attached ...

  1. printer setup for wireless

    I have just setup a notebook on a wireless netgear router. There is also a
    desktop attached to the router but it is wired in, I cannot access the
    Desktop from the laptop to setup the printer that is attached to it. printer
    and document sharing is enabled on both computers and the printer is shared
    on the desktop. The desktop can see both computers on its workgroup, but the
    laptop can only see the laptop. Thanks for the help.
    --
    ICPS_Jim

  2. RE: printer setup for wireless

    Just for grins, trying running the Network Wizard again (if you haven't
    already done so), that may help. I ran into a similar problem last week,
    tried rejoing a workgroup and still nada, did the wizard and it worked!
    --
    I didn''''t'''' do it, you can''''t prove a thing, and besides no one saw a
    thing.

    "ICPS_Jim" wrote:

    > I have just setup a notebook on a wireless netgear router. There is also a
    > desktop attached to the router but it is wired in, I cannot access the
    > Desktop from the laptop to setup the printer that is attached to it. printer
    > and document sharing is enabled on both computers and the printer is shared
    > on the desktop. The desktop can see both computers on its workgroup, but the
    > laptop can only see the laptop. Thanks for the help.
    > --
    > ICPS_Jim

  3. Re: printer setup for wireless

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ICPS_Jim" wrote in message
    news808BD97-39EA-4CC3-8F14-6D96E3A38F6E@microsoft.com...
    >I have just setup a notebook on a wireless netgear router. There is also a
    > desktop attached to the router but it is wired in, I cannot access the
    > Desktop from the laptop to setup the printer that is attached to it.
    > printer
    > and document sharing is enabled on both computers and the printer is
    > shared
    > on the desktop. The desktop can see both computers on its workgroup, but
    > the
    > laptop can only see the laptop. Thanks for the help.
    > --
    > ICPS_Jim

  4. Re: printer setup for wireless

    Thanks Guys, I think that helped solve the problem.
    --
    ICPS_Jim

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    > each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    > Basic XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
    > Advanced XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "ICPS_Jim" wrote in message
    > news808BD97-39EA-4CC3-8F14-6D96E3A38F6E@microsoft.com...
    > >I have just setup a notebook on a wireless netgear router. There is also a
    > > desktop attached to the router but it is wired in, I cannot access the
    > > Desktop from the laptop to setup the printer that is attached to it.
    > > printer
    > > and document sharing is enabled on both computers and the printer is
    > > shared
    > > on the desktop. The desktop can see both computers on its workgroup, but
    > > the
    > > laptop can only see the laptop. Thanks for the help.
    > > --
    > > ICPS_Jim

+ Reply to Thread