at WI-FI locations, E-mail - can receive, but not send - Wireless

This is a discussion on at WI-FI locations, E-mail - can receive, but not send - Wireless ; Am using Thunderbird, XP, and ISP Comcast. Works fine at my home wireless network, but not at remote wi-fi sites. Outgoing server is default smtp.comcast.net,port 587. Server settings: POP mail server, mail.comcast.net Port 110. Have turned off PC-cillin outgoing mail ...

  1. at WI-FI locations, E-mail - can receive, but not send

    Am using Thunderbird, XP, and ISP Comcast. Works fine at my home wireless
    network, but not at remote wi-fi sites. Outgoing server is default
    smtp.comcast.net,port 587. Server settings: POP mail server,
    mail.comcast.net Port 110. Have turned off PC-cillin outgoing mail check.
    Suggestions? Thanks, HarryB

  2. Re: at WI-FI locations, E-mail - can receive, but not send

    set up smtp for SSL on port 465.
    http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/inde...k_Express17717
    is for outlook express, but you should be able to setup Thunderbird
    with these settings.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. RE: at WI-FI locations, E-mail - can receive, but not send

    You may need to enable secure server option in the mail client. I believe it
    needs to login with the same credentials on the outgoing mail sever to send
    mail out when you are not connected to Comcast.
    --
    I didn''''''''t'''''''' do it, you can''''''''t prove a thing, and besides
    no one saw a thing.

    "harryhb" wrote:

    > Am using Thunderbird, XP, and ISP Comcast. Works fine at my home wireless
    > network, but not at remote wi-fi sites. Outgoing server is default
    > smtp.comcast.net,port 587. Server settings: POP mail server,
    > mail.comcast.net Port 110. Have turned off PC-cillin outgoing mail check.
    > Suggestions? Thanks, HarryB

+ Reply to Thread