Cannot access other computer on network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot access other computer on network - Wireless ; I have three PCs - 2 desktops running WinXPProSP2; 1 laptop running WMCE 2004. The primary desktop connects directly to to a wirelessrouter using Cat5e which is in turn connected to a Cisco DSL router. The other PC and the ...

  1. Cannot access other computer on network

    I have three PCs - 2 desktops running WinXPProSP2; 1 laptop running WMCE 2004.
    The primary desktop connects directly to to a wirelessrouter using Cat5e
    which is in turn connected to a Cisco DSL router. The other PC and the laptop
    connect to the Cisco using 802.11g.
    For some reason I can no longer access the folders on the primary. The
    settings on the laptop match the primary. The loss of connectivity occurred
    recently. The only changes are updates from Microsoft.
    I've followed all of the hints, tips, and suggestions on this newsgroup. No
    dice. The error message reads:
    "\\xxxxx\xxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
    have access permissions.
    Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    All of the shared folders and drives icons appear, just no access. I've
    changed nothing in any setting since the network was created, yet it keeps
    crapping out like this. All of my firewalls are configured to allowed full
    access to the local IP addresses.
    Funny all the script kiddies can get into Windows but I can't access my own
    files.
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

  2. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    Please see the following MS KB Article.

    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    "RealGomer" wrote in message
    >I have three PCs - 2 desktops running WinXPProSP2; 1 laptop running WMCE
    >2004.
    > The primary desktop connects directly to to a wirelessrouter using Cat5e
    > which is in turn connected to a Cisco DSL router. The other PC and the
    > laptop
    > connect to the Cisco using 802.11g.
    > For some reason I can no longer access the folders on the primary. The
    > settings on the laptop match the primary. The loss of connectivity
    > occurred
    > recently. The only changes are updates from Microsoft.
    > I've followed all of the hints, tips, and suggestions on this newsgroup.
    > No
    > dice. The error message reads:
    > "\\xxxxx\xxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    > this
    > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > you
    > have access permissions.
    > Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    > All of the shared folders and drives icons appear, just no access. I've
    > changed nothing in any setting since the network was created, yet it keeps
    > crapping out like this. All of my firewalls are configured to allowed full
    > access to the local IP addresses.
    > Funny all the script kiddies can get into Windows but I can't access my
    > own
    > files.
    > --
    > I know enuff to be dangerous.

  3. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    Thanks. We'll see what happens. I'm guessing this regedit is done on the
    primary box, not the laptop or other desktop.
    I had to create theDWord IRPStackSize which did not default to 15 as the KB
    implied. Oh well.
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

    "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

    > Please see the following MS KB Article.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078
    >
    > --
    > Eric Cross
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >
    > "RealGomer" wrote in message
    > >I have three PCs - 2 desktops running WinXPProSP2; 1 laptop running WMCE
    > >2004.
    > > The primary desktop connects directly to to a wirelessrouter using Cat5e
    > > which is in turn connected to a Cisco DSL router. The other PC and the
    > > laptop
    > > connect to the Cisco using 802.11g.
    > > For some reason I can no longer access the folders on the primary. The
    > > settings on the laptop match the primary. The loss of connectivity
    > > occurred
    > > recently. The only changes are updates from Microsoft.
    > > I've followed all of the hints, tips, and suggestions on this newsgroup.
    > > No
    > > dice. The error message reads:
    > > "\\xxxxx\xxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    > > this
    > > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > > you
    > > have access permissions.
    > > Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    > > All of the shared folders and drives icons appear, just no access. I've
    > > changed nothing in any setting since the network was created, yet it keeps
    > > crapping out like this. All of my firewalls are configured to allowed full
    > > access to the local IP addresses.
    > > Funny all the script kiddies can get into Windows but I can't access my
    > > own
    > > files.
    > > --
    > > I know enuff to be dangerous.

  4. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    No go, Joe. Still getting network resource error, don't have permission. Why
    it quit working with no changes to the settings is beyond me. Next suggestion?
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

    "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

    > Please see the following MS KB Article.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078
    >
    > --
    > Eric Cross
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >
    > "RealGomer" wrote in message
    > >I have three PCs - 2 desktops running WinXPProSP2; 1 laptop running WMCE
    > >2004.
    > > The primary desktop connects directly to to a wirelessrouter using Cat5e
    > > which is in turn connected to a Cisco DSL router. The other PC and the
    > > laptop
    > > connect to the Cisco using 802.11g.
    > > For some reason I can no longer access the folders on the primary. The
    > > settings on the laptop match the primary. The loss of connectivity
    > > occurred
    > > recently. The only changes are updates from Microsoft.
    > > I've followed all of the hints, tips, and suggestions on this newsgroup.
    > > No
    > > dice. The error message reads:
    > > "\\xxxxx\xxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    > > this
    > > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > > you
    > > have access permissions.
    > > Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    > > All of the shared folders and drives icons appear, just no access. I've
    > > changed nothing in any setting since the network was created, yet it keeps
    > > crapping out like this. All of my firewalls are configured to allowed full
    > > access to the local IP addresses.
    > > Funny all the script kiddies can get into Windows but I can't access my
    > > own
    > > files.
    > > --
    > > I know enuff to be dangerous.

  5. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to. It's not on
    the machine you see the error message.

    --

    "RealGomer" wrote in message
    > No go, Joe. Still getting network resource error, don't have permission.
    > Why
    > it quit working with no changes to the settings is beyond me. Next
    > suggestion?
    > --
    > I know enuff to be dangerous.
    >

    > "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Please see the following MS KB Article.
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078
    >>
    >> --
    >> Eric Cross
    >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> "RealGomer" wrote in message
    >> >I have three PCs - 2 desktops running WinXPProSP2; 1 laptop running WMCE
    >> >2004.
    >> > The primary desktop connects directly to to a wirelessrouter using
    >> > Cat5e
    >> > which is in turn connected to a Cisco DSL router. The other PC and the
    >> > laptop
    >> > connect to the Cisco using 802.11g.
    >> > For some reason I can no longer access the folders on the primary. The
    >> > settings on the laptop match the primary. The loss of connectivity
    >> > occurred
    >> > recently. The only changes are updates from Microsoft.
    >> > I've followed all of the hints, tips, and suggestions on this
    >> > newsgroup.
    >> > No
    >> > dice. The error message reads:
    >> > "\\xxxxx\xxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    >> > this
    >> > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    >> > if
    >> > you
    >> > have access permissions.
    >> > Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    >> > All of the shared folders and drives icons appear, just no access. I've
    >> > changed nothing in any setting since the network was created, yet it
    >> > keeps
    >> > crapping out like this. All of my firewalls are configured to allowed
    >> > full
    >> > access to the local IP addresses.
    >> > Funny all the script kiddies can get into Windows but I can't access my
    >> > own
    >> > files.
    >> > --
    >> > I know enuff to be dangerous.

  6. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    I checked out my second desktop and its shared files are accessible. I've
    made no changes to either PCs network settings. Where can I go to to find the
    network settings for both PCs?
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

    "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

    > The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to. It's not on
    > the machine you see the error message.
    >
    > --
    > Eric Cross
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >

    > "RealGomer" wrote in message
    > > No go, Joe. Still getting network resource error, don't have permission.
    > > Why
    > > it quit working with no changes to the settings is beyond me. Next
    > > suggestion?
    > > --
    > > I know enuff to be dangerous.
    > >

    > > "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Please see the following MS KB Article.
    > >>
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Eric Cross
    > >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > >>
    > >> "RealGomer" wrote in message

  7. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    Update. I found a Microsoft KB that suggested unsharing the folder and then
    sharing it out again. I did this along with a warm boot before sharing again.
    One folder is now appearing on the network. For the My Documents folder and
    my USB external drive, I get the same error message as before, but now I'm
    getting "The network path cannot be found" message.
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

    "RealGomer" wrote:

    > I checked out my second desktop and its shared files are accessible. I've
    > made no changes to either PCs network settings. Where can I go to to find the
    > network settings for both PCs?
    > --
    > I know enuff to be dangerous.
    >

    > "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to. It's not on
    > > the machine you see the error message.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Eric Cross
    > > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > >

    > > "RealGomer" wrote in message
    > > > No go, Joe. Still getting network resource error, don't have permission.
    > > > Why
    > > > it quit working with no changes to the settings is beyond me. Next
    > > > suggestion?
    > > > --
    > > > I know enuff to be dangerous.

  8. Re: Cannot access other computer on network

    Right. One folders on my primary PC are accessible as is the printer. The USB
    external drive, and the My Douments and Documents folder are not. I get an
    error message "Not enough server storage to process this command".
    Also, when I open up My Network Places from my laptop, my primary and
    secondary PCs show under "The Internet" with the laptop showing under the
    "Local Network". When the network was working properly, all that would show
    when I opened My Network Places was whichever computers were on, not every
    computer and every shared folder / drive.
    I'm so confused.
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

+ Reply to Thread