Router Faulty ? ? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Router Faulty ? ? - Wireless ; Hi All, Scenario. 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine no problems. 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no problems. Problem. No matter what I try ...

  1. Router Faulty ? ?

    Hi All,

    Scenario.

    1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine no
    problems.
    2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
    problems.

    Problem.

    No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
    laptop ?

    I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made changes
    to settings on router etc.

    I can't see where I am going wrong !

    All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !

    Please help.

    Thanks

    Kev

  2. Re: Router Faulty ? ?

    Have you checked your firewall to see if that is blocking it.
    Joan

    Kevin Cole wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Scenario.
    >
    > 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
    > no problems.
    > 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine
    > no problems.
    >
    > Problem.
    >
    > No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
    > laptop ?
    >
    > I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
    > changes to settings on router etc.
    >
    > I can't see where I am going wrong !
    >
    > All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kev

  3. Re: Router Faulty ? ?

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Kevin Cole" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Scenario.
    >
    > 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
    > no problems.
    > 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
    > problems.
    >
    > Problem.
    >
    > No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
    > laptop ?
    >
    > I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
    > changes to settings on router etc.
    >
    > I can't see where I am going wrong !
    >
    > All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kev

  4. Re: Router Faulty ? ?

    > Hi
    > settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment
    > of each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    > Basic XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
    > Advanced XP -
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Kevin Cole" wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Scenario.
    >>
    >> 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
    >> no problems.
    >> 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> Problem.
    >>
    >> No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
    >> laptop ?
    >>
    >> I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
    >> changes to settings on router etc.
    >>
    >> I can't see where I am going wrong !
    >>
    >> All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
    >>
    >> Please help.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Kev

    enabled print & file shae ok,

    i have norton fire wall on both machines, enabling the ip addresses through
    ?

    any ideas ?

    kev

+ Reply to Thread