Atheros - Wireless

This is a discussion on Atheros - Wireless ; I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it just stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through ...

  1. Atheros

    I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to
    getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it just
    stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through what I thought
    would fix it but to no avail. We could not get it enabled! I have tried
    everything that my limited mind knows. Can anyone help?

  2. Re: Atheros

    Hi
    It is hard to know what exactly you are talking about.
    Atheros is a name of a Wireless chipset.
    I would guess that you have a computer with a Wireless arid that its chipset
    is made by Atheros.
    In such a case may be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Brenda" wrote in message
    >I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to
    > getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it
    > just
    > stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through what I thought
    > would fix it but to no avail. We could not get it enabled! I have tried
    > everything that my limited mind knows. Can anyone help?

  3. Re: Atheros

    When I go into my network connections and try to enable it nothing happens.
    It shows "disabled, firewalled, it will not enable. I went into the
    connections and tried to set up the internet protocol (tcp/ip) but it seems
    to not be installed and when I went to install it I was not sure what to
    install-client, service or protocal?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > It is hard to know what exactly you are talking about.
    > Atheros is a name of a Wireless chipset.
    > I would guess that you have a computer with a Wireless arid that its chipset
    > is made by Atheros.
    > In such a case may be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Brenda" wrote in message
    > >I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to
    > > getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it
    > > just
    > > stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through what I thought
    > > would fix it but to no avail. We could not get it enabled! I have tried
    > > everything that my limited mind knows. Can anyone help?

  4. Re: Atheros

    is this a laptop? what brand and model? is there a hardware switch
    to turn on wireless or some key combination?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP