Cannot shut off power to laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot shut off power to laptop - Wireless ; I'm stuck or rather my laptop is- screen went black after shut-off but power remains on--Help! Going Nuts...

  1. Cannot shut off power to laptop

    I'm stuck or rather my laptop is- screen went black after shut-off but power
    remains on--Help!

    Going Nuts

  2. Re: Cannot shut off power to laptop

    "Going Nuts" Nuts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm stuck or rather my laptop is- screen went black after shut-off but
    > power
    > remains on--Help!
    >
    > Going Nuts

    Try unplugging the unit from the wall power, if its plugged in, then
    removing the battery for a minute or so...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

  3. Re: Cannot shut off power to laptop

    Going Nuts wrote:
    > I'm stuck or rather my laptop is- screen went black after shut-off but power
    > remains on--Help!
    >
    > Going Nuts

    I'm curious. If the screen is black (off), how do you know that power
    remains on? Many if not all laptops will show a lit LED when connected
    to the mains power (wall plug) to indicate that the battery is either
    charging or completely charged. This doesn't mean that power is on to
    the rest of the computer.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  4. Re: Cannot shut off power to laptop

    "Going Nuts" Nuts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm stuck or rather my laptop is- screen went black after shut-off but
    > power
    > remains on--Help!
    >
    > Going Nuts

    Supposing that it really is still operating, you can shut a laptop off by
    removing the AC power supply plug from the laptop and then removing the
    battery. It will quit working when it has no power from the AC charger and
    when the battery is pulled out.

    jim

+ Reply to Thread