Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius - Wireless

This is a discussion on Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius - Wireless ; Using FreeRadius 1.1.5, PEAP authentication with MSCHAP v2 After some time on the phone with microsoft they had us enable use of the Open SSL Cipher Suite which fixed our problem 1. Open gpedit.msc 2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates ...

  1. Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius

    Using FreeRadius 1.1.5, PEAP authentication with MSCHAP v2

    After some time on the phone with microsoft they had us enable use of
    the Open SSL Cipher Suite which fixed our problem

    1. Open gpedit.msc
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates
    \Network\SSL Configuration Settings
    3. Open SSL Cipher Suite Order from the right pane.
    4. Check Enabled radio button.
    5. Back up the string from the text box to a text file.
    6. Enter the following string without the quotes
    "TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA"
    7. Reboot the machine
    8. Retry authentication

  2. Re: Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius

    Thank you for the information.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    wrote in message
    news:1177694455.314096.64770@o40g2000prh.googlegro ups.com...
    > Using FreeRadius 1.1.5, PEAP authentication with MSCHAP v2
    >
    > After some time on the phone with microsoft they had us enable use of
    > the Open SSL Cipher Suite which fixed our problem
    >
    > 1. Open gpedit.msc
    > 2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates
    > \Network\SSL Configuration Settings
    > 3. Open SSL Cipher Suite Order from the right pane.
    > 4. Check Enabled radio button.
    > 5. Back up the string from the text box to a text file.
    > 6. Enter the following string without the quotes
    > "TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA"
    > 7. Reboot the machine
    > 8. Retry authentication

+ Reply to Thread