Different default devices for music, telephony? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Different default devices for music, telephony? - Wireless ; Hi. I have a bluetooth headset which is great for Skype calls but I don't want to use it for listening to music on my laptop. Is there any way I can make the laptop speakers the default for music ...

  1. Different default devices for music, telephony?

    Hi.
    I have a bluetooth headset which is great for Skype calls but I don't want
    to use it for listening to music on my laptop.
    Is there any way I can make the laptop speakers the default for music
    playback and the headset the default for Skype?
    The only way I can the music through the speakers now is to disconnect the
    headset. Then if a call comes in, I've got a lot of clicking and switching to
    do before I can respond.
    Thanks for any help you can offer on this one.
    - Terry

  2. Re: Different default devices for music, telephony?

    Hi
    As far as I know almost all computer's audio hardware uses one power output.
    I.e the Speakers and the Headset are actually the same output (with some
    load adjustment). As a result you can not separate the two.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Terry" wrote in message
    news15E73DE-D766-42B5-BAAD-615AD2E1E33C@microsoft.com...
    > Hi.
    > I have a bluetooth headset which is great for Skype calls but I don't want
    > to use it for listening to music on my laptop.
    > Is there any way I can make the laptop speakers the default for music
    > playback and the headset the default for Skype?
    > The only way I can the music through the speakers now is to disconnect the
    > headset. Then if a call comes in, I've got a lot of clicking and switching
    > do before I can respond.
    > Thanks for any help you can offer on this one.
    > - Terry

  3. Re: Different default devices for music, telephony?

    Cheers for the answer.
    I did manage to get the music player playing through speakers and Skype on
    the headset at the same time by connecting the headset and restarting Skype
    while music was already playing.
    When I shut down the music player and started it again, of course it was on
    the headset.
    But the check did show that they can both run separately. I just need to
    figure out how to maintain the separation.
    - Terry

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > As far as I know almost all computer's audio hardware uses one power output.
    > I.e the Speakers and the Headset are actually the same output (with some
    > load adjustment). As a result you can not separate the two.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Terry" wrote in message
    > news15E73DE-D766-42B5-BAAD-615AD2E1E33C@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi.
    > > I have a bluetooth headset which is great for Skype calls but I don't want
    > > to use it for listening to music on my laptop.
    > > Is there any way I can make the laptop speakers the default for music
    > > playback and the headset the default for Skype?
    > > The only way I can the music through the speakers now is to disconnect the
    > > headset. Then if a call comes in, I've got a lot of clicking and switching
    > > do before I can respond.
    > > Thanks for any help you can offer on this one.
    > > - Terry

+ Reply to Thread