Using a wireless and wired network together - Wireless

This is a discussion on Using a wireless and wired network together - Wireless ; Basically, here is the problemo: i have a pc and two laptops, my borther wants to be able to use his laptop in his bedroom. The PC and 1 of the laptops is downstairs. So the PC has the internet ...

  1. Using a wireless and wired network together

    Basically, here is the problemo: i have a pc and two laptops, my borther
    wants to be able to use his laptop in his bedroom. The PC and 1 of the
    laptops is downstairs. So the PC has the internet on it and the laptop
    downstairs connects to it via an ethernet cable. Unfortunately, the PC does
    not have a wireless card or wireless thing installed on it while the laptop
    does, so what i am trying to do is the following: Laptop1
    Laptop2------------>PC
    WIRELESS WIRED
    Everytime I try to do this, it comes up with: System error, there is the ip
    address on the same network or something like that. Anyway cheers to any1 hu
    reads this and i hope any1 has an answer!!!!! Coz i never remember websites,
    plz can u send answers to my email which is: 786ace@gmail.com and if any1
    knows what a WINS server is, can you tell me plz plz plz plzz plz plzzzzzzz,
    cheers lol

  2. RE: Using a wireless and wired network together

    i meant to say that laptop1 to 2 is wireless and laptop2 to PC is wired, but
    for some reason the WIRELESS is not alligned with the gap between laptop1 and
    laptop2
    "GUYWITHCOMPUTERPROBLEMS" wrote:

    > Basically, here is the problemo: i have a pc and two laptops, my borther
    > wants to be able to use his laptop in his bedroom. The PC and 1 of the
    > laptops is downstairs. So the PC has the internet on it and the laptop
    > downstairs connects to it via an ethernet cable. Unfortunately, the PC does
    > not have a wireless card or wireless thing installed on it while the laptop
    > does, so what i am trying to do is the following: Laptop1
    > Laptop2------------>PC
    > WIRELESS WIRED
    > Everytime I try to do this, it comes up with: System error, there is the ip
    > address on the same network or something like that. Anyway cheers to any1 hu
    > reads this and i hope any1 has an answer!!!!! Coz i never remember websites,
    > plz can u send answers to my email which is: 786ace@gmail.com and if any1
    > knows what a WINS server is, can you tell me plz plz plz plzz plz plzzzzzzz,
    > cheers lol

  3. Re: Using a wireless and wired network together

    Hi
    The laptops have to be configured to communicate in AD-Hoc mode (read the
    Laptop's Wireless manual).
    Once they are communicating successfully, you have to configure Windows ICS
    on laptop 2 to act as a Router to Laptop 1.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "GUYWITHCOMPUTERPROBLEMS"
    wrote in message

    > i meant to say that laptop1 to 2 is wireless and laptop2 to PC is wired,
    > but
    > for some reason the WIRELESS is not alligned with the gap between laptop1
    > and
    > laptop2
    > "GUYWITHCOMPUTERPROBLEMS" wrote:
    >
    >> Basically, here is the problemo: i have a pc and two laptops, my borther
    >> wants to be able to use his laptop in his bedroom. The PC and 1 of the
    >> laptops is downstairs. So the PC has the internet on it and the laptop
    >> downstairs connects to it via an ethernet cable. Unfortunately, the PC
    >> does
    >> not have a wireless card or wireless thing installed on it while the
    >> laptop
    >> does, so what i am trying to do is the following: Laptop1
    >> Laptop2------------>PC
    >> WIRELESS WIRED
    >> Everytime I try to do this, it comes up with: System error, there is the
    >> ip
    >> address on the same network or something like that. Anyway cheers to any1
    >> hu
    >> reads this and i hope any1 has an answer!!!!! Coz i never remember
    >> websites,
    >> plz can u send answers to my email which is: 786ace@gmail.com and if any1
    >> knows what a WINS server is, can you tell me plz plz plz plzz plz
    >> plzzzzzzz,
    >> cheers lol

+ Reply to Thread