Networking desktop to laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Networking desktop to laptop - Wireless ; Ok, so I have a wireless network set up between my desktop and laptop. It worked fine before my hard drive got replaced on my laptop. I have set up the network on both computers and they recognize each other. ...

  1. Networking desktop to laptop

    Ok, so I have a wireless network set up between my desktop and laptop. It
    worked fine before my hard drive got replaced on my laptop. I have set up
    the network on both computers and they recognize each other. I have complete
    access on my laptop to my desktop and can transfer and share files. Now the
    problem is my desktop shows the laptop as a workgroup computer but it denies
    me access to it.
    Says I do not have permission. I have checked all permissions and rerun
    network connections wizards and they both look like everthing is set up the
    same. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks, Bob

  2. Re: Networking desktop to laptop

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "painterbob" wrote in message
    > Ok, so I have a wireless network set up between my desktop and laptop. It
    > worked fine before my hard drive got replaced on my laptop. I have set up
    > the network on both computers and they recognize each other. I have
    > complete
    > access on my laptop to my desktop and can transfer and share files. Now
    > the
    > problem is my desktop shows the laptop as a workgroup computer but it
    > denies
    > me access to it.
    > Says I do not have permission. I have checked all permissions and rerun
    > network connections wizards and they both look like everthing is set up
    > the
    > same. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks, Bob

+ Reply to Thread