I picked up a Linksys WMP54G yesterday and installed it on a W2K Pro SP4
machine. Unfortunately, I found out a user needs to be logged on in order
for the NIC to connect to the AP. Is there a NIC out there where the
software runs as a Service, allowing the machine to connected to the network
without having to be logged on.

Basically, I'm looking to have a wireless network, but have it act like it's
wired. Not that I'd do it, but basically I'd like a NIC that I could
install on a server, and let the server fulfill it's role as a server
without having a user logged onto the machine.

Thank you.