Wireless Network Connection Status window - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Network Connection Status window - Wireless ; I recently changed Linksys network adapters from a PCI card adapter to a USB adapter on my Windows XP computer. Before the change, the Wireless Network Connection Status window that appears when I double click the connection status icon would ...

  1. Wireless Network Connection Status window

    I recently changed Linksys network adapters from a PCI card adapter to a USB
    adapter on my Windows XP computer. Before the change, the Wireless Network
    Connection Status window that appears when I double click the connection
    status icon would display the sent and receive activity in bytes. Now the
    activity is displayed as packets.

    Is there a way to change the display back to bytes?

  2. Re: Wireless Network Connection Status window

    Hi
    I think it depends on the way the Card's drivers are designed, and it can
    not be changes.
    There are a lot of small utilities that can add to the Network and would
    show traffic in Bytes (example),
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/nsl.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Bob L" wrote in message
    >I recently changed Linksys network adapters from a PCI card adapter to a
    >USB adapter on my Windows XP computer. Before the change, the Wireless
    >Network Connection Status window that appears when I double click the
    >connection status icon would display the sent and receive activity in
    >bytes. Now the activity is displayed as packets.
    >
    > Is there a way to change the display back to bytes?

  3. Re: Wireless Network Connection Status window

    I was afraid of that. Thanks.

    > Hi
    > I think it depends on the way the Card's drivers are designed, and it can
    > not be changes.
    > There are a lot of small utilities that can add to the Network and would
    > show traffic in Bytes (example),
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/nsl.htm
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Bob L" wrote in message
    >>I recently changed Linksys network adapters from a PCI card adapter to a
    >>USB adapter on my Windows XP computer. Before the change, the Wireless
    >>Network Connection Status window that appears when I double click the
    >>connection status icon would display the sent and receive activity in
    >>bytes. Now the activity is displayed as packets.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to change the display back to bytes?

+ Reply to Thread