identifying MAC address - Wireless

This is a discussion on identifying MAC address - Wireless ; Is it possible to identify a MAC address on a network by the MAC address. For example is there way for me to type like 00:16:B6:A2:94:64 and find out where on the network that MAC address is located? I have ...

  1. identifying MAC address

    Is it possible to identify a MAC address on a network by the MAC address.

    For example is there way for me to type like 00:16:B6:A2:94:64 and find out
    where on the network that MAC address is located?

    I have a MAC address showing up in my firewall that, as far as I can tell,
    is not associated with any device on my network........

    Thanks.

  2. Re: identifying MAC address

    Hi
    Try to use this utility, it is very good in Identify Network components.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spscanner.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Greg Kamer" wrote in message
    > Is it possible to identify a MAC address on a network by the MAC address.
    >
    > For example is there way for me to type like 00:16:B6:A2:94:64 and find
    > out where on the network that MAC address is located?
    >
    > I have a MAC address showing up in my firewall that, as far as I can tell,
    > is not associated with any device on my network........
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread