Home computer freezing with router hooked up - Wireless

This is a discussion on Home computer freezing with router hooked up - Wireless ; I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for some reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is happening? and what I can do to fix it?...

  1. Home computer freezing with router hooked up

    I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for some
    reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
    happening? and what I can do to fix it?

  2. Re: Home computer freezing with router hooked up

    Hi
    That is a very unusual occurrence?
    Is it happening with any computer that you are trying to hook up with?
    Also tell us a little more about the computer, how it connects, what type of
    Internet connection, Which OS?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Cjayden" wrote in message
    >I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for
    >some
    > reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
    > happening? and what I can do to fix it?

  3. Re: Home computer freezing with router hooked up

    Please bare with me as I dont know to much about this. It is only happening
    to my home computer, my laptop is fine. I have DSL. And how do I know my OS?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > That is a very unusual occurrence?
    > Is it happening with any computer that you are trying to hook up with?
    > Also tell us a little more about the computer, how it connects, what type of
    > Internet connection, Which OS?
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Cjayden" wrote in message
    > >I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for
    > >some
    > > reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
    > > happening? and what I can do to fix it?

  4. Re: Home computer freezing with router hooked up

    Hi
    OS=Operating system. I.e. Windows 2000, XP, Vista, etc.
    Most important is to try another computer, to rule out whether it is a
    computer problem or a Router problem.
    If your computer works directly with the Modem and does not work with Router
    it might be Router miscomfiguration or Bad Router.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Cjayden" wrote in message
    > Please bare with me as I dont know to much about this. It is only
    > happening
    > to my home computer, my laptop is fine. I have DSL. And how do I know my
    > OS?
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> That is a very unusual occurrence?
    >> Is it happening with any computer that you are trying to hook up with?
    >> Also tell us a little more about the computer, how it connects, what type
    >> of
    >> Internet connection, Which OS?
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Cjayden" wrote in message
    >> >I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for
    >> >some
    >> > reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
    >> > happening? and what I can do to fix it?

+ Reply to Thread