WZC Keeps Stopping - Wireless

This is a discussion on WZC Keeps Stopping - Wireless ; I'm having a problem w/ my wireless network - Upon start up the wireless connection works fine - but the after using it for a bit I seem to lose my connection - web pages are simply not found. The ...

  1. WZC Keeps Stopping

    I'm having a problem w/ my wireless network - Upon start up the wireless
    connection works fine - but the after using it for a bit I seem to lose my
    connection - web pages are simply not found. The connection is still reported
    as Very Good but the diagnostics tell me that Windows is not managing my
    network and when I check the WZC service I see that it stopped running for
    some reason.

    I start it again manually and all is well - only to be repeated again later.

    The log on type is automatic and the wzcsvc in the registry does have the
    Start Dword entry with a value of 2.

    I am using the Westell 327z router that came with Verison DSL. It worked
    fine in the past but has recently been having a problem.

    Two things that are new: added a SONOS wireless audio system to the network
    and installed Norton Internet Security 2007 (had to turn the firewall
    off...that was causing very very very slow emai...but that's a problem for
    another day).

    Does it make sense that the sonos would be causing interference that results
    in this behaviour?

  2. Re: WZC Keeps Stopping

    Maybe it have it's own configuration app in such way it have to stop WZC,
    just stop it working ( or uninstall temporarily ) and check what happen
    Arkady

    "Rascal" wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem w/ my wireless network - Upon start up the wireless
    > connection works fine - but the after using it for a bit I seem to lose my
    > connection - web pages are simply not found. The connection is still
    > reported
    > as Very Good but the diagnostics tell me that Windows is not managing my
    > network and when I check the WZC service I see that it stopped running for
    > some reason.
    >
    > I start it again manually and all is well - only to be repeated again
    > later.
    >
    > The log on type is automatic and the wzcsvc in the registry does have the
    > Start Dword entry with a value of 2.
    >
    > I am using the Westell 327z router that came with Verison DSL. It worked
    > fine in the past but has recently been having a problem.
    >
    > Two things that are new: added a SONOS wireless audio system to the
    > network
    > and installed Norton Internet Security 2007 (had to turn the firewall
    > off...that was causing very very very slow emai...but that's a problem for
    > another day).
    >
    > Does it make sense that the sonos would be causing interference that
    > results
    > in this behaviour?

  3. RE: WZC Keeps Stopping

    Go to start, Run, type msconfig click ok. when window opens click services.
    check hide all microsoft services and look for anything for anything running
    wireless LAN. if you find it disable it. Then go to wzc and check it again.
    Reboot and you should be ok.

    "Rascal" wrote:

    > I'm having a problem w/ my wireless network - Upon start up the wireless
    > connection works fine - but the after using it for a bit I seem to lose my
    > connection - web pages are simply not found. The connection is still reported
    > as Very Good but the diagnostics tell me that Windows is not managing my
    > network and when I check the WZC service I see that it stopped running for
    > some reason.
    >
    > I start it again manually and all is well - only to be repeated again later.
    >
    > The log on type is automatic and the wzcsvc in the registry does have the
    > Start Dword entry with a value of 2.
    >
    > I am using the Westell 327z router that came with Verison DSL. It worked
    > fine in the past but has recently been having a problem.
    >
    > Two things that are new: added a SONOS wireless audio system to the network
    > and installed Norton Internet Security 2007 (had to turn the firewall
    > off...that was causing very very very slow emai...but that's a problem for
    > another day).
    >
    > Does it make sense that the sonos would be causing interference that results
    > in this behaviour?

+ Reply to Thread