FTP cant connect after ICS - Wireless

This is a discussion on FTP cant connect after ICS - Wireless ; I ran the microsoft network connection wizard because I want my internet connection to go directly to my computer (that I have FTP on) and then share the connection (ICS) to my router. Now it seems I can get on ...

  1. FTP cant connect after ICS

    I ran the microsoft network connection wizard because I want my internet
    connection to go directly to my computer
    (that I have FTP on) and then share the connection (ICS) to my router.

    Now it seems I can get on the internet ok, on the computer that has the
    direct connection, but I can't connect by FTP.

    Continue to login attempt 6...
    [16:00:00] Resolving host name "xxxxt.vwh.net"
    [16:00:00] Connecting to 999.94.999.248 Port: 21
    [16:00:21] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed
    because connected host has failed to respond.
    [16:00:21] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
    [16:00:21] Client closed the connection.

    Any idea hot that could happen?

  2. Re: FTP cant connect after ICS

    Hi
    May be you would like to clarify how everything is configured, and what is
    your goal.
    FTP? Client, Server, Inbound Connection, or Outbound?
    Usually when one has router there is No need for ICS (ICS is actually a
    software Router).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Travis" wrote in message
    >I ran the microsoft network connection wizard because I want my internet
    > connection to go directly to my computer
    > (that I have FTP on) and then share the connection (ICS) to my router.
    >
    > Now it seems I can get on the internet ok, on the computer that has the
    > direct connection, but I can't connect by FTP.
    >
    > Continue to login attempt 6...
    > [16:00:00] Resolving host name "xxxxt.vwh.net"
    > [16:00:00] Connecting to 999.94.999.248 Port: 21
    > [16:00:21] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    > properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed
    > because connected host has failed to respond.
    > [16:00:21] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
    > [16:00:21] Client closed the connection.
    >

    > Any idea hot that could happen?

  3. Re: FTP cant connect after ICS

    I need ICS because I have my internet connection directly to the computer
    that I have the FTP program on. This computer is not a server, just a
    normal computer browsing the internet. I simply want an FTP program running
    on this computer to connect for uploads and downloads as usual. I had to run
    the network connection wizard so that the router could be configured to work
    with this setup. I need the internet connection direct to this computer.
    The goal is simply to get the FTP program to connect and do what FTP
    programs do. It seems odd that I can connect to the internet in a browser,
    but not with the FTP program. I tried several FTP programs. So it must be
    something that is blocking FTP.
    Any other ideas?

    > Hi
    > May be you would like to clarify how everything is configured, and what is
    > your goal.
    > FTP? Client, Server, Inbound Connection, or Outbound?
    > Usually when one has router there is No need for ICS (ICS is actually a
    > software Router).
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Travis" wrote in message
    > >I ran the microsoft network connection wizard because I want my internet
    > > connection to go directly to my computer
    > > (that I have FTP on) and then share the connection (ICS) to my router.
    > >
    > > Now it seems I can get on the internet ok, on the computer that has the
    > > direct connection, but I can't connect by FTP.
    > >
    > > Continue to login attempt 6...
    > > [16:00:00] Resolving host name "xxxxt.vwh.net"
    > > [16:00:00] Connecting to 999.94.999.248 Port: 21
    > > [16:00:21] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did

    not
    > > properly respond after a period of time, or established connection

    failed
    > > because connected host has failed to respond.
    > > [16:00:21] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
    > > [16:00:21] Client closed the connection.
    > >

    > > Any idea hot that could happen?

+ Reply to Thread