Connecting Vista to XP. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connecting Vista to XP. - Wireless ; I have a LAN between 2 PC's with XP (wired). Now we have a laptop (wireless) with Vista. They are all connected to Internet with a linksys WRT54GL router. But I can't get connection with the XP-LAN. Any suggestions? BTW ...

  1. Connecting Vista to XP.

    I have a LAN between 2 PC's with XP (wired). Now we have a laptop
    (wireless) with Vista.
    They are all connected to Internet with a linksys WRT54GL router.
    But I can't get connection with the XP-LAN.

    Any suggestions? BTW Windows Vista is already nicknamed Windows Virus ;-)
    --
    groeten, pleerol (pleelol, in het Chinees) :-)
    If your feet smell and your nose runs - you're built upside down.

  2. RE: Connecting Vista to XP.

    I have a similar problem. I'm trying to get the Vista laptop to read &
    access the external hard drive that is connected the the XP host desktop.
    The external hard drive is "shared" on the XP host and I did check the box to
    allow others to access and change the shared file (the HD). The Vista laptop
    "sees" the external hard drive on the network, but cannot open it. Everytime
    I try to open the external hard drive from the Vista laptop, I get an error
    message that says:
    "\\SIDNEY001\WD External is not accessible. You might not have permission
    to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to
    find out if you have access permissions. Not enough server storage is
    available to process this command."
    There is no "server" , it is just a home wireless network, and the Vista
    laptop can currently see and access all of the other shared folders and files
    on the XP desktop. It is only this external HD that is giving a problem.
    This must be some simple fix that I am just not seeing. The HD was set up
    and working fine last week, something must have changed, but I don't think I
    did it.
    Any ideas?
    Sidney
    --
    spatin

    "pleerol" wrote:

    > I have a LAN between 2 PC's with XP (wired). Now we have a laptop
    > (wireless) with Vista.
    > They are all connected to Internet with a linksys WRT54GL router.
    > But I can't get connection with the XP-LAN.
    >
    > Any suggestions? BTW Windows Vista is already nicknamed Windows Virus ;-)
    > --
    > groeten, pleerol (pleelol, in het Chinees) :-)
    > If your feet smell and your nose runs - you're built upside down.

+ Reply to Thread