Accessing folders in a network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Accessing folders in a network - Wireless ; I have just purchased a new computer running vista. My wireless network seems to work OK and I can access everything on the XP machine from the Vista one. When I try to access the vista machine from the XP ...

  1. Accessing folders in a network

    I have just purchased a new computer running vista. My wireless network seems
    to work OK and I can access everything on the XP machine from the Vista one.
    When I try to access the vista machine from the XP one I can access
    everything except a folder with subfolders that I copied across to the Vista.
    When I try to access this 'Access denied' message comes.
    The folder on the Vista seems to be permenantly set to read only. I delete
    Read Only but it comes back again.

  2. Re: Accessing folders in a network

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "GrahamC" wrote in message
    >I have just purchased a new computer running vista. My wireless network
    >seems
    > to work OK and I can access everything on the XP machine from the Vista
    > one.
    > When I try to access the vista machine from the XP one I can access
    > everything except a folder with subfolders that I copied across to the
    > Vista.
    > When I try to access this 'Access denied' message comes.
    > The folder on the Vista seems to be permenantly set to read only. I delete
    > Read Only but it comes back again.

  3. Re: Accessing folders in a network

    Hi!
    Thanks for all the info. Some of it was above my head but I have been able
    to sort things out- I appreciate your time .

    Graham

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    > each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    > Basic XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
    > Advanced XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "GrahamC" wrote in message
    > >I have just purchased a new computer running vista. My wireless network
    > >seems
    > > to work OK and I can access everything on the XP machine from the Vista
    > > one.
    > > When I try to access the vista machine from the XP one I can access
    > > everything except a folder with subfolders that I copied across to the
    > > Vista.
    > > When I try to access this 'Access denied' message comes.
    > > The folder on the Vista seems to be permenantly set to read only. I delete
    > > Read Only but it comes back again.

+ Reply to Thread