Prefered Wireless network is disabled - Wireless

This is a discussion on Prefered Wireless network is disabled - Wireless ; I have two wireless networks in my office. One is our primary and the other is provided by the bld mgr. The second network is more robust but slower so I only want to use it when I'm in the ...

  1. Prefered Wireless network is disabled

    I have two wireless networks in my office. One is our primary and the
    other is provided by the bld mgr. The second network is more robust
    but slower so I only want to use it when I'm in the conference room.

    My wireless connects to the bld. wireless fine, and I can VPN into our
    network, but after a few minutes, for no apparent reason, I lose the
    connection. When I "view available networks" I can see the network
    but says it is "disabled" (it says that where normally it would say
    "connected" or "automatic")

    It is not the wireless that is disabled but the network I want to
    connect to. I can see other networks fine, including the one I want,
    however, my computer will not allow me to connect to it.

    If I reboot, I can connect again...but after a few mins, the same
    thing happens again.

    Using Windows XP and the built in Windows wireless manager.

    Thanks for any assistance.

  2. Re: Prefered Wireless network is disabled

    Hi
    The building provide the Wireless through a Router and their own Network
    devices. It might be that the Devices are not configured correctly to
    support VPN connection, or that because VPN tasks the system and might even
    block others from using the same connection, it is deliberately set to cut
    VPN connection out. Talk to the Building IT people, or use your own
    connection.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    news:1176323024.790547.152400@y80g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com...