Intel Wireless Card not detected - Wireless

This is a discussion on Intel Wireless Card not detected - Wireless ; Hi, I reinstalled Windows XP, dowloaded all the drivers but still my wireless card (Intel Pro/7100) is not detected. All other devices (sound, graphics) have reistalled fine. How can I get my laptop to recognize that it has a card? ...

  1. Intel Wireless Card not detected

    Hi,

    I reinstalled Windows XP, dowloaded all the drivers but still my wireless
    card (Intel Pro/7100) is not detected. All other devices (sound, graphics)
    have reistalled fine.

    How can I get my laptop to recognize that it has a card? Is it the location
    of the driver? Should it be in system32/drivers?

    Please save my life...

    Gabriel

  2. Re: Intel Wireless Card not detected

    TheGab wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I reinstalled Windows XP, dowloaded all the drivers but still my wireless
    > card (Intel Pro/7100) is not detected. All other devices (sound, graphics)

    Are you sure this is an Intel Pro/7100? I found an Intel Pro/2100 on
    DriversGuide.com at
    http://members.driverguide.com/index...&jmd=and&fzz=b

    ((&->

  3. Re: Intel Wireless Card not detected

    Hi
    Make sure that you are ready with the correct most updated Drivers. Check
    and delete, if you have already, a Ghost NIC installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "QuasiCodo" wrote in message
    > TheGab wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I reinstalled Windows XP, dowloaded all the drivers but still my wireless
    >> card (Intel Pro/7100) is not detected. All other devices (sound,
    >> graphics)

    > Are you sure this is an Intel Pro/7100? I found an Intel Pro/2100 on
    > DriversGuide.com at
    > http://members.driverguide.com/index...&jmd=and&fzz=b
    >
    > ((&->

  4. Re: Intel Wireless Card not detected

    On 11-Apr-2007, =?Utf-8?B?VGhlR2Fi?= wrote:

    > I reinstalled Windows XP, dowloaded all the drivers but still my wireless
    > card (Intel Pro/7100) is not detected. All other devices (sound, graphics)
    > have reistalled fine.
    >
    > How can I get my laptop to recognize that it has a card? Is it the location
    > of the driver? Should it be in system32/drivers?

    If the working devices were recognised as Plug and Pray devices then
    maybe your wireless card isn't Plug and Pray capable or is defective.
    I have two supposedly identical devices, one is PNP, but an earlier one,
    same model, isn't PNP.
    Use one everything works fine, it autoconfigues itself with default,
    working, settings.
    The earlier one, I have to drive as a generic device, and put
    everything in by hand.
    That's why it's called Plug and Pray, fine when it works,
    pain in the arse when it doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread