Hi ALL,

I'd purchased a VerisSign Class 3 WLAN Secure Server Certificate and
installed it on a Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and latest patches.
The server is joined to a Microsoft Windows 2003 domain with 2003 native
mode. After successfully installing the certificate, I configured one of the
Remote Access Policy Rule (i.e. reconfigure the PEAP Certificate Issued to
use the newly installed certificate). We used a Non-domain Windows XP Prof.
Client to try authenticating via the Microsoft IAS service but we got the
following error.
"Access request for user was discarded.
Fully-Qualified-User-Name =
NAS-IP-Address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NAS-Identifier = Aruba-WLAN
NAS-Port-Type = 19
NAS-Port = 1
Reason-Code = 96
Reason = The authentication request was dropped because the session timed
out. "

It seemed that Microsoft IAS could not recognize the PEAP packet so that the
remote access policy rule for PEAP was not used.

Any comment are welcome.

TIA.

M C