Wireless networking - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless networking - Wireless ; Hi I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop which has been really good with wireles networking - until I accidentally dropped it the other week. Since then I can only access the network and internet if I put the ethernet ...

  1. Wireless networking

    Hi

    I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop which has been really good with
    wireles networking - until I accidentally dropped it the other week.

    Since then I can only access the network and internet if I put the ethernet
    cable into the laptop.

    Any ideas on what I might have physically damaged when i dropped it -
    everything else seems o work including the network light indicator when you
    press FnF1.Is it likely to be a hardware issue ?

    In grateful hope

    Frank

  2. Re: Wireless networking

    fd10 wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop which has been really good with
    > wireles networking - until I accidentally dropped it the other week.
    >
    > Since then I can only access the network and internet if I put the ethernet
    > cable into the laptop.
    >
    > Any ideas on what I might have physically damaged when i dropped it -
    > everything else seems o work including the network light indicator when you
    > press FnF1.Is it likely to be a hardware issue ?
    >
    > In grateful hope
    >
    > Frank

    Yes, it's likely to be a hardware issue.

    If you're lucky, you may have only loosened the wireless network adapter
    from its socket. Re-seating the card requires opening the laptop case.
    If the laptop is still under warranty, this may void the warranty.

    The Fujitsu-Siemans site doesn't appear to have any manuals that
    describe how to open the case or where the wireless card is located. If
    you are comfortable with opening your laptop yourself, you might try
    posting a request for some model-specific advice in the Fujitsu-Siemans
    Notebook forum:
    http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/f...g=english&f=20

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking