Problem accessing wireless pc - Wireless

This is a discussion on Problem accessing wireless pc - Wireless ; Hi, I've got two computers in my home network. Both of them connect to a router and through there to internet. One pc is connected by wire and the other one wireless. When I examine my network, I can see ...

  1. Problem accessing wireless pc

    Hi, I've got two computers in my home network. Both of them connect to a
    router and through there to internet. One pc is connected by wire and the
    other one wireless. When I examine my network, I can see both computers (from
    both computers) but I can not access the wireless comp from the wired one. I
    get the following error:
    "\\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you
    have access permisions.

    The network path was not found."
    I'm trying to access the wireless computer from "View workgroup computers"
    so there is no typo in the computer name...
    Any help would be greatly appriciated.

  2. Re: Problem accessing wireless pc

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "HappyParrot" wrote in message
    > Hi, I've got two computers in my home network. Both of them connect to a
    > router and through there to internet. One pc is connected by wire and the
    > other one wireless. When I examine my network, I can see both computers
    > (from
    > both computers) but I can not access the wireless comp from the wired one.
    > get the following error:
    > "\\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if
    > you
    > have access permisions.
    >
    > The network path was not found."
    > I'm trying to access the wireless computer from "View workgroup computers"
    > so there is no typo in the computer name...
    > Any help would be greatly appriciated.

+ Reply to Thread