Automatic Windows configuration deselected - Wireless

This is a discussion on Automatic Windows configuration deselected - Wireless ; When I turn my computer on, the check box “Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings” in the Wireless Network Connection dialog box is deselected by default, so I have to check it manually every time I turn my ...

  1. Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    When I turn my computer on, the check box

    “Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings”

    in the Wireless Network Connection dialog box is deselected by default, so I
    have to check it manually every time I turn my computer on.

    How can I have that option selected by default, so Windows will configure
    and start my wireless connection immediately? I use Windows XP professional
    and have Service Pack 2 installed.

    Eduardo

  2. Re: Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    Hi
    You have to make sure that the original manfcturer utilty that was probrbly
    installed by the compuert's vendor does not start at boot.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless1#wzc
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Eduardo" wrote in message
    > When I turn my computer on, the check box
    >
    > "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings"
    >
    > in the Wireless Network Connection dialog box is deselected by default, so
    > have to check it manually every time I turn my computer on.
    >
    > How can I have that option selected by default, so Windows will configure
    > and start my wireless connection immediately? I use Windows XP
    > professional
    > and have Service Pack 2 installed.
    >
    > Eduardo

  3. Re: Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    Hi Jack,
    Thanks for your answer.
    The Wireless Zero Configuration is set to start automatically, but I could
    not find the manufacturer's utility. I have an IBM thinkpad laptop. Where
    should I look for that utility?
    Eduardo

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > You have to make sure that the original manfcturer utilty that was probrbly
    > installed by the compuert's vendor does not start at boot.
    > May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless1#wzc
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Eduardo" wrote in message
    > > When I turn my computer on, the check box
    > >
    > > "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings"
    > >
    > > in the Wireless Network Connection dialog box is deselected by default, so
    > > have to check it manually every time I turn my computer on.
    > >
    > > How can I have that option selected by default, so Windows will configure
    > > and start my wireless connection immediately? I use Windows XP
    > > professional
    > > and have Service Pack 2 installed.
    > >
    > > Eduardo

  4. Re: Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    Hi
    The two utilities in this link (Startup, and process Explorer) would help
    yup to find out what Starts and what is keep running in memory.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Eduardo" wrote in message
    > Hi Jack,
    > Thanks for your answer.
    > The Wireless Zero Configuration is set to start automatically, but I could
    > not find the manufacturer's utility. I have an IBM thinkpad laptop. Where
    > should I look for that utility?
    > Eduardo
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> You have to make sure that the original manfcturer utilty that was
    >> probrbly
    >> installed by the compuert's vendor does not start at boot.
    >> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless1#wzc
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Eduardo" wrote in message
    >> > When I turn my computer on, the check box
    >> >
    >> > "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings"
    >> >
    >> > in the Wireless Network Connection dialog box is deselected by default,
    >> > so
    >> > have to check it manually every time I turn my computer on.
    >> >
    >> > How can I have that option selected by default, so Windows will
    >> > configure
    >> > and start my wireless connection immediately? I use Windows XP
    >> > professional
    >> > and have Service Pack 2 installed.
    >> >
    >> > Eduardo

  5. Re: Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    Hi Jack,

    Sorry, I do not understand, perhaps because I am new to this forum.
    You say "the two utilities in this link (Startup and process Explorer)...",
    but where is the link?
    I appreciate yur help.

    Eduardo

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > The two utilities in this link (Startup, and process Explorer) would help
    > yup to find out what Starts and what is keep running in memory.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Eduardo" wrote in message
    > > Hi Jack,
    > > Thanks for your answer.
    > > The Wireless Zero Configuration is set to start automatically, but I could
    > > not find the manufacturer's utility. I have an IBM thinkpad laptop. Where
    > > should I look for that utility?
    > > Eduardo
    > >
    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> You have to make sure that the original manfcturer utilty that was
    > >> probrbly
    > >> installed by the compuert's vendor does not start at boot.
    > >> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless1#wzc
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>
    > >> "Eduardo" wrote in message

  6. Re: Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    Hi
    I am sorry the link was in the paged that I linked to in my first post,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Eduardo" wrote in message
    > Hi Jack,
    >
    > Sorry, I do not understand, perhaps because I am new to this forum.
    > You say "the two utilities in this link (Startup and process
    > Explorer)...",
    > but where is the link?
    > I appreciate yur help.
    >
    > Eduardo
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> The two utilities in this link (Startup, and process Explorer) would help
    >> yup to find out what Starts and what is keep running in memory.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Eduardo" wrote in message
    >> > Hi Jack,
    >> > Thanks for your answer.
    >> > The Wireless Zero Configuration is set to start automatically, but I
    >> > could
    >> > not find the manufacturer's utility. I have an IBM thinkpad laptop.
    >> > Where
    >> > should I look for that utility?
    >> > Eduardo

  7. Re: Automatic Windows configuration deselected

    Actually after downloading Startup I did find a utility called IBMPRC. I
    deselected it, rebooted and Windows connected my wireless connection right
    away. For now I reselected the IBM utility, as I do not know what else it
    does, but I will try to find out.

    Thanks for your help.
    Eduardo

+ Reply to Thread