Help for home wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Help for home wireless network - Wireless ; I have a laptop using a wireless adaptor and a desktop directly connected to the cable modem via the wireless router. After going through the setup process, ensuring that all workgroup and network names are the same, passwords match, etc, ...

  1. Help for home wireless network

    I have a laptop using a wireless adaptor and a desktop directly connected to
    the cable modem via the wireless router. After going through the setup
    process, ensuring that all workgroup and network names are the same,
    passwords match, etc, I can see my laptop from the desktop, but can't see the
    desktop from the laptop.

    I've checked every permission and sharing setting I can think of and they
    all seem to be correct - still no luck.

    Is there a way to delete the whole configuration and start over again? Or am
    I missing something that should be fixable? Advice and guidance appreciated!

  2. Re: Help for home wireless network

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "MA Native" wrote in message
    >I have a laptop using a wireless adaptor and a desktop directly connected
    > the cable modem via the wireless router. After going through the setup
    > process, ensuring that all workgroup and network names are the same,
    > passwords match, etc, I can see my laptop from the desktop, but can't see
    > the
    > desktop from the laptop.
    >
    > I've checked every permission and sharing setting I can think of and they
    > all seem to be correct - still no luck.
    >
    > Is there a way to delete the whole configuration and start over again? Or
    > am
    > I missing something that should be fixable? Advice and guidance
    > appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread