printer sharing - Wireless

This is a discussion on printer sharing - Wireless ; Hey, i want to be able to print using my desktop printer from my laptop, ive followed the setup of the sharing printer, and ive searched for the printer but my laptop can't find any printers. i was wondering if ...

  1. printer sharing

    Hey, i want to be able to print using my desktop printer from my laptop, ive
    followed the setup of the sharing printer, and ive searched for the printer
    but my laptop can't find any printers. i was wondering if maybe i need to
    install the cd rom for the printer on my laptop??
    thanks.

  2. Re: printer sharing

    Hi
    Yes, the drivers have to be installed on the Laptop too.
    Installation should be done through Control panel/Printers & Faxes/ Add a
    Network Printer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Amy" wrote in message
    > Hey, i want to be able to print using my desktop printer from my laptop,
    > ive
    > followed the setup of the sharing printer, and ive searched for the
    > printer
    > but my laptop can't find any printers. i was wondering if maybe i need to
    > install the cd rom for the printer on my laptop??
    > thanks.

  3. Re: printer sharing

    Make sure that you share the printer on the machine that its connected to
    first. Then find the IP address of the target machines and go to RUN->and
    type CMD-> then type in \\192.168.0.whatever then wait for the box to
    display the shared setting of the target computer. Right click on the
    printer Icon and choose CONNECT and it should automatically load the printer
    on the target machine for you. Pretty basic.

    Doug
    > Hi
    > Yes, the drivers have to be installed on the Laptop too.
    > Installation should be done through Control panel/Printers & Faxes/ Add a
    > Network Printer.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Amy" wrote in message
    >> Hey, i want to be able to print using my desktop printer from my laptop,
    >> ive
    >> followed the setup of the sharing printer, and ive searched for the
    >> printer
    >> but my laptop can't find any printers. i was wondering if maybe i need to
    >> install the cd rom for the printer on my laptop??
    >> thanks.

  4. Re: printer sharing

    Interesting concept, that run thing...and more interesting is original
    question. I suffer the same problem of my laptop and pc can both connect to
    the internet, but I cnanot see the laptop on my pc network and I cannot see
    my pc's printer...

    PC is Vista, laptop is XpPro...and i cannot find the run command on the
    Vista Machine.

    thoughts?

    "Doug Simar" wrote:

    > Make sure that you share the printer on the machine that its connected to
    > first. Then find the IP address of the target machines and go to RUN->and
    > type CMD-> then type in \\192.168.0.whatever then wait for the box to
    > display the shared setting of the target computer. Right click on the
    > printer Icon and choose CONNECT and it should automatically load the printer
    > on the target machine for you. Pretty basic.
    >
    > Doug
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Yes, the drivers have to be installed on the Laptop too.
    > > Installation should be done through Control panel/Printers & Faxes/ Add a
    > > Network Printer.
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >
    > > "Amy" wrote in message
    > >> Hey, i want to be able to print using my desktop printer from my laptop,
    > >> ive
    > >> followed the setup of the sharing printer, and ive searched for the
    > >> printer
    > >> but my laptop can't find any printers. i was wondering if maybe i need to
    > >> install the cd rom for the printer on my laptop??
    > >> thanks.

+ Reply to Thread