wireless encryption - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless encryption - Wireless ; Hi I have a dlink WBR 2310 router and use a Belkin USB adapter on a laptop to connect to the wireless network. The router supports WEP,WPA,WPA2 and WPA Auto encryption. If I use the Belkin monitor app to administer ...

  1. wireless encryption

    Hi
    I have a dlink WBR 2310 router and use a Belkin USB adapter on a laptop to
    connect to the wireless network.

    The router supports WEP,WPA,WPA2 and WPA Auto encryption.

    If I use the Belkin monitor app to administer the connections I can only
    connect when it's wide open...will not connect with WEP,WPA,WPA2.

    If I use WZC I can connect with WEP but nothing else.

    I don't mind using WZC...just want to enable WPA encryption.

    Any ideas?

  2. RE: wireless encryption

    Resolved...installed KB893357 and all is good!

    "Phil" wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have a dlink WBR 2310 router and use a Belkin USB adapter on a laptop to
    > connect to the wireless network.
    >
    > The router supports WEP,WPA,WPA2 and WPA Auto encryption.
    >
    > If I use the Belkin monitor app to administer the connections I can only
    > connect when it's wide open...will not connect with WEP,WPA,WPA2.
    >
    > If I use WZC I can connect with WEP but nothing else.
    >
    > I don't mind using WZC...just want to enable WPA encryption.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread