Givin up my Laptop, Getting back my Dell Demension 3000 pc. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Givin up my Laptop, Getting back my Dell Demension 3000 pc. - Wireless ; If i put my Dell PC on wireless, all I need is a wirelees router. Right. I just want to be abl to get on some hot spots or If I get me a ISP. Could someone help on this ...

  1. Givin up my Laptop, Getting back my Dell Demension 3000 pc.

    If i put my Dell PC on wireless, all I need is a wirelees router. Right. I
    just want to be abl to get on some hot spots or If I get me a ISP. Could
    someone help on this subject please.
    --
    DonaldS

  2. Re: Givin up my Laptop, Getting back my Dell Demension 3000 pc.

    Hi
    You have to sign up to a Broadband Intrenet service (Cable, or DSL).
    Most ISPs give you the Modem, some might give you a Modem with a Wireless
    Router.
    With

    "DLS.53" wrote in message
    > If i put my Dell PC on wireless, all I need is a wirelees router. Right. I
    > just want to be abl to get on some hot spots or If I get me a ISP. Could
    > someone help on this subject please.
    > --
    > DonaldS

  3. Re: Givin up my Laptop, Getting back my Dell Demension 3000 pc.

    Hi
    Yes you need a Broadband service, a Modem, and a Wireless Router.
    Most ISPs would give/rent the modem, some might even give you a combo Modem
    Router.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "DLS.53" wrote in message
    > If i put my Dell PC on wireless, all I need is a wirelees router. Right. I
    > just want to be abl to get on some hot spots or If I get me a ISP. Could
    > someone help on this subject please.
    > --
    > DonaldS

+ Reply to Thread