Need somemore help with laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Need somemore help with laptop - Wireless ; I cant pick up linksys hot point in my appartment, but about 35 yards from my appartment at the laundry I can connect and get on the internet. What do I need to do that will improve this. -- DonaldS...

  1. Need somemore help with laptop

    --
    DonaldS

  2. Re: Need somemore help with laptop

    Hi
    If your Wireless card can accept an external Antenna, a High gain
    directional Antenna pointed toward the hot Spot might help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "DLS.53" wrote in message
    > I cant pick up linksys hot point in my appartment, but about 35 yards
    > from
    > my appartment at the laundry I can connect and get on the internet. What
    > do I
    > need to do that will improve this.
    > --
    > DonaldS

  3. Re: Need somemore help with laptop

    Is the router in your apartment? If so, I wonder whether you are using
    other equipment in your apartment, that has the same default channel as
    your router (i.e. a frequency clash). A hands-free phone, perhaps.

    If so, try turning off any likely culprits.

    Depending on the specification of your router, you might resolve the
    problem, if you select a different channel on the Linksys router.

    "DLS.53" wrote in message
    > I cant pick up linksys hot point in my appartment, but about 35
    > yards from
    > my appartment at the laundry I can connect and get on the internet.
    > What do I
    > need to do that will improve this.
    > --
    > DonaldS