router problems?? - Wireless

This is a discussion on router problems?? - Wireless ; when working on my laptop , i can connect wirelessly to the net ... however after a few days of not using it , i cannot connect at all , its like the machine forgot settings etc . any ideas ...

  1. router problems??

    when working on my laptop , i can connect wirelessly to the net ... however
    after a few days of not using it , i cannot connect at all , its like the
    machine forgot settings etc . any ideas .
    thanks
    ed

  2. Re: router problems??

    Have you tried these solutions -
    1/ right-click the "wireless" icon in the quick-start toolbar (near the
    clock)
    2/ select "View available networks" (and "connect" if not connected)
    3/ from same menu - the "repair" option
    If these don't work - try switching the ROUTER off, then on again (and
    repeat 1/ and 2/ if appropriate)
    "edinclarboro" wrote in message
    > when working on my laptop , i can connect wirelessly to the net ...
    > however
    > after a few days of not using it , i cannot connect at all , its like the
    > machine forgot settings etc . any ideas .
    > thanks
    > ed

  3. Re: router problems??

    Hi
    What exactly you have to do in order to start the connection again?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "edinclarboro" wrote in message
    > when working on my laptop , i can connect wirelessly to the net ...
    > however
    > after a few days of not using it , i cannot connect at all , its like the
    > machine forgot settings etc . any ideas .
    > thanks
    > ed

+ Reply to Thread