Printer showing on network but displaying error - Wireless

This is a discussion on Printer showing on network but displaying error - Wireless ; We have 3 laptops on the network. The network is functioning properly, and the printer is attached to "Latop A". "Laptop B" and "Laptop C" can see the printer, but the status is showing "error" as opposed to "Ready". I've ...

  1. Printer showing on network but displaying error

    We have 3 laptops on the network. The network is functioning properly, and
    the printer is attached to "Latop A". "Laptop B" and "Laptop C" can see the
    printer, but the status is showing "error" as opposed to "Ready". I've made
    sure the sharing is setup correctly on "Laptop A".
    Any ideas what I am missing here?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Printer showing on network but displaying error

    You probably need to install the printer's drivers on all the computers that
    are going to use it.
    Usually it is done by going trough the Ad-on Printer in the Control
    Panel/Printers. Choose Ad a Network printer and be ready with the Drivers
    CD.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ijuba" wrote in message
    > We have 3 laptops on the network. The network is functioning properly, and
    > the printer is attached to "Latop A". "Laptop B" and "Laptop C" can see
    > the printer, but the status is showing "error" as opposed to "Ready". I've
    > made sure the sharing is setup correctly on "Laptop A".
    > Any ideas what I am missing here?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread