One way networking... - Wireless

This is a discussion on One way networking... - Wireless ; I've got 3 computers at home, 2 laptops and a desktop. I've got a compaq and a desktop downstairs and an Acer upstairs. All connected perfectly fine to my wireless router, obviously, wirelessly, to the internet. My compaq and desktop ...

  1. One way networking...

    I've got 3 computers at home, 2 laptops and a desktop. I've got a compaq and
    a desktop downstairs and an Acer upstairs. All connected perfectly fine to
    my wireless router, obviously, wirelessly, to the internet. My compaq and
    desktop can see my Acer and each other but my Acer can only see itself. I've
    got the right workgroup name, i've ran the network wizard, i've checked the
    connection and the numbers and ip's as well as the router permissions to the
    network....nothing....my acer cannot see any other computer but itself but my
    other 2 can see each other and the acer. What should i do?

  2. Re: One way networking...

    "02z24" <02z24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got 3 computers at home, 2 laptops and a desktop. I've got a compaq
    > and
    > a desktop downstairs and an Acer upstairs. All connected perfectly fine
    > my wireless router, obviously, wirelessly, to the internet. My compaq and
    > desktop can see my Acer and each other but my Acer can only see itself.
    > I've
    > got the right workgroup name, i've ran the network wizard, i've checked
    > the
    > connection and the numbers and ip's as well as the router permissions to
    > the
    > network....nothing....my acer cannot see any other computer but itself but
    > my
    > other 2 can see each other and the acer. What should i do?

    send the acer to therapy to see if a good counselor can bring it out of it's
    shell.

  3. Re: One way networking...

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "02z24" <02z24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got 3 computers at home, 2 laptops and a desktop. I've got a compaq
    > and
    > a desktop downstairs and an Acer upstairs. All connected perfectly fine
    > my wireless router, obviously, wirelessly, to the internet. My compaq and
    > desktop can see my Acer and each other but my Acer can only see itself.
    > I've
    > got the right workgroup name, i've ran the network wizard, i've checked
    > the
    > connection and the numbers and ip's as well as the router permissions to
    > the
    > network....nothing....my acer cannot see any other computer but itself but
    > my
    > other 2 can see each other and the acer. What should i do?

+ Reply to Thread