Re-setting router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Re-setting router - Wireless ; Greetings, I searched previous posts here, but no luck. Some days when I turn on the computer for the first time, I get the balloon message saying my wireless connection has limited or no connectivity. If I go to the ...

  1. Re-setting router

    Greetings,

    I searched previous posts here, but no luck.

    Some days when I turn on the computer for the first time, I get the balloon
    message saying my wireless connection has limited or no connectivity. If I
    go to the wireless router in another room and un-plug it for 30 seconds and
    plug it back in, all is well.

    Any ideas why this happens. It is an entry level component. D-Link
    WBR-2310.
    WPA2/PSK.
    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    http://aumha.org/

  2. Re: Re-setting router

    "Curt Christianson" wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I searched previous posts here, but no luck.
    >
    > Some days when I turn on the computer for the first time, I get the
    > balloon message saying my wireless connection has limited or no
    > connectivity. If I go to the wireless router in another room and un-plug
    > it for 30 seconds and plug it back in, all is well.
    >
    > Any ideas why this happens. It is an entry level component. D-Link
    > WBR-2310.
    > WPA2/PSK.
    > --
    > HTH,
    > Curt
    >
    > Windows Support Center
    > http://aumha.org/

    the router is either sick or can't handle your demand. for now you have
    found the solution, reboot the router regularly. or you could splurge and
    buy a new one that doesn't have that problem.

  3. Re: Re-setting router

    Hi
    Check the Router SSID setting and make sure it is On.
    Otherwise call the Router's support service.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Curt Christianson" wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I searched previous posts here, but no luck.
    >
    > Some days when I turn on the computer for the first time, I get the
    > balloon message saying my wireless connection has limited or no
    > connectivity. If I go to the wireless router in another room and un-plug
    > it for 30 seconds and plug it back in, all is well.
    >
    > Any ideas why this happens. It is an entry level component. D-Link
    > WBR-2310.
    > WPA2/PSK.
    > --
    > HTH,
    > Curt
    >
    > Windows Support Center
    > http://aumha.org/

  4. Re: Re-setting router

    Thank you for the replies Gentlemen!

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    http://aumha.org/

    > Hi
    > Check the Router SSID setting and make sure it is On.
    > Otherwise call the Router's support service.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Curt Christianson" wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> I searched previous posts here, but no luck.
    >>
    >> Some days when I turn on the computer for the first time, I get the
    >> balloon message saying my wireless connection has limited or no
    >> connectivity. If I go to the wireless router in another room and un-plug
    >> it for 30 seconds and plug it back in, all is well.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why this happens. It is an entry level component. D-Link
    >> WBR-2310.
    >> WPA2/PSK.
    >> --
    >> HTH,