Networking newbie question - Wireless

This is a discussion on Networking newbie question - Wireless ; I'm on a Desktop connected through a DSL modem which connects to a Wireless G Router. My OS is WIN XP SP2. I recently purchased a Laptop with Vista on it and have it successfully connecting through my router. My ...

  1. Networking newbie question

    I'm on a Desktop connected through a DSL modem which connects to a Wireless
    G Router. My OS is WIN XP SP2. I recently purchased a Laptop with Vista on
    it and have it successfully connecting through my router.
    My question is, how do I set it up so the Desktop can share files/printer
    with the laptop?
    I've run the Wireless setup Wizard on this desktop with no success.
    --
    Thanks, Bill
    Post replies back to News Group

  2. Re: Networking newbie question

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Willy" wrote in message
    > I'm on a Desktop connected through a DSL modem which connects to a
    > Wireless G Router. My OS is WIN XP SP2. I recently purchased a Laptop
    > with Vista on it and have it successfully connecting through my router.
    > My question is, how do I set it up so the Desktop can share files/printer
    > with the laptop?
    > I've run the Wireless setup Wizard on this desktop with no success.
    > --
    > Thanks, Bill
    > Post replies back to News Group

  3. Re: Networking newbie question

    Jack,
    I tried everything, no help. Appreciate all the links. I might of been
    over whelmed with so many instructions but I tried each.
    --
    Thanks, Bill
    Post replies back to News Group

  4. Re: Networking newbie question

    Hi
    Did you try to add NetBEUI as a sharing protocol?
    Adding NetBEUI as Sharing Protocol in WinXP:
    http://www.ezlan.net/netbeui.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Willy" wrote in message
    > Jack,
    > I tried everything, no help. Appreciate all the links. I might of been
    > over whelmed with so many instructions but I tried each.
    > --
    > Thanks, Bill
    > Post replies back to News Group

  5. Re: Networking newbie question

    Jack, Do I need to do this procedure on both PCs or just my Desktop?
    --
    Thanks, Bill
    Post replies back to News Group

+ Reply to Thread