Wireless networking problems on My Laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless networking problems on My Laptop - Wireless ; I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the appartments I can get on some times. How ...

  1. Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

    I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I
    can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the
    appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
    --
    DonaldS

  2. RE: Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

    "DLS.53" wrote:

    > I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I
    > can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the
    > appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
    > --
    > DonaldS

    I've got the same problem with a Netgear card. It must be a registry problem
    but no one seems to know haw to cure it.

    Ken

  3. RE: Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

    Surely someone knows what to do. Thanks alot .
    --
    DonaldS

    "kenphotographer" wrote:

    > "DLS.53" wrote:
    >
    > > I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment I
    > > can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at the
    > > appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
    > > --
    > > DonaldS

    > I've got the same problem with a Netgear card. It must be a registry problem
    > but no one seems to know haw to cure it.
    >
    > Ken

  4. Re: Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

    Hi
    If you know for sure that there are Hotspot within the range of your
    apartment then it might be some thing that need to be fixing.
    But it sound like there is No available Hotspot transmitting viable signal
    to your apartment.
    Free Wireless connection is Not readily available commodity all over the
    USA. Most people who use Wireless has their own private or corporate Access
    Points and Internet connection.
    If you want to check the computers Wireless settings these might help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "DLS.53" wrote in message
    newsF390F0A-BB9C-4C95-8C19-C0F30EF416C0@microsoft.com...
    > I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment
    > can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at
    > the
    > appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
    > --
    > DonaldS

  5. Re: Wireless networking problems on My Laptop

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > If you know for sure that there are Hotspot within the range of your
    > apartment then it might be some thing that need to be fixing.
    > But it sound like there is No available Hotspot transmitting viable signal
    > to your apartment.
    > Free Wireless connection is Not readily available commodity all over the
    > USA. Most people who use Wireless has their own private or corporate Access
    > Points and Internet connection.
    > If you want to check the computers Wireless settings these might help,
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "DLS.53" wrote in message
    > newsF390F0A-BB9C-4C95-8C19-C0F30EF416C0@microsoft.com...
    > > I've got an Acer TravelMate 2420 Laptop and while I'm at the appartment
    > > can't get on any of the hot spots, But I walk over to the laundry mat at
    > > the
    > > appartments I can get on some times. How can I fix this problem.
    > > --
    > > DonaldS

    > My problem is not related to 'Hotspots'. My router works fine and my PC (wireless) works fine - my laptop also wireless used to work fine and still does with other routers nearby. I recognises my router but will not connect fully or obtain an IP address. I am informed by Netgear that it is a registry problem. I have used 2 registry cleaners without success. All I need to know is how do I cure the registry problem?

+ Reply to Thread