laptop connect to network but - Wireless

This is a discussion on laptop connect to network but - Wireless ; my main computer is connected to router and laptop is connect through a abtaptor and connect to network great but i cannot seem to get printer shared or files shared how do i do it. i have shared the printer ...

  1. laptop connect to network but

    my main computer is connected to router and laptop is connect through a
    abtaptor and connect to network great but i cannot seem to get printer shared
    or files shared how do i do it. i have shared the printer on the main
    computer but laptop doesn't find printer etc

  2. RE: laptop connect to network but

    Printer Sharing. The Host should be the desktop PC.
    Install the printer on the Host PC. Then using Control Panel | Network
    enable File & Printer Sharing and make sure you check the box to allow
    others to print to your printers. Next under Start | Settings | Printers,
    select the printer, check the box to share the printer and assign a name.
    Keep the name short and do not include any blanks, like Printer2.

    You should now be able to add the printer to your Guest PCs using Start |
    Settings | Printers & Faxes | Add Printer. Check the radio button "A
    network printer ..." and then either browse for the printer or enter its
    name (using \\PCName\PrinterName) and continue until finished. Ensure
    that the firewall on your XP PC is set to allow access to remote printers.
    If using XP's native firewall ensure that File and Printer Sharing is
    enabled and that the box with he same name is checked in the Firewall
    exceptions list. The PCName can be found at:

    Rightclick My Computer icon on desktop>Properties>Computer Name tab.
    It may look something like: "Home-66djksjcpv". Don't type the quotes.
    Click "Next" and it should install the printer on the Guest PC when
    it finds it.

    Note: You can follow the same procedure to get access to
    "Files" from one PC to the other.

    --
    XP - WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "naf" wrote:

    > my main computer is connected to router and laptop is connect through a
    > abtaptor and connect to network great but i cannot seem to get printer shared
    > or files shared how do i do it. i have shared the printer on the main
    > computer but laptop doesn't find printer etc

  3. RE: laptop connect to network but

    Byte

    I am following your instructions to get my husband's laptop to print to my
    host printer wireless and when on his computer, I can't browse to find the
    name of the printer which is printer06. How do I search the netowork for
    that printer. Help I have been trying for 2 months. I first ordered a
    wirless printer kit from HP and they never got it to work. The postings here
    had more information
    --
    loquinn

    "Byte" wrote:

    > Printer Sharing. The Host should be the desktop PC.
    > Install the printer on the Host PC. Then using Control Panel | Network
    > enable File & Printer Sharing and make sure you check the box to allow
    > others to print to your printers. Next under Start | Settings | Printers,
    > select the printer, check the box to share the printer and assign a name.
    > Keep the name short and do not include any blanks, like Printer2.
    >
    > You should now be able to add the printer to your Guest PCs using Start |
    > Settings | Printers & Faxes | Add Printer. Check the radio button "A
    > network printer ..." and then either browse for the printer or enter its
    > name (using \\PCName\PrinterName) and continue until finished. Ensure
    > that the firewall on your XP PC is set to allow access to remote printers.
    > If using XP's native firewall ensure that File and Printer Sharing is
    > enabled and that the box with he same name is checked in the Firewall
    > exceptions list. The PCName can be found at:
    >
    > Rightclick My Computer icon on desktop>Properties>Computer Name tab.
    > It may look something like: "Home-66djksjcpv". Don't type the quotes.
    > Click "Next" and it should install the printer on the Guest PC when
    > it finds it.
    >
    > Note: You can follow the same procedure to get access to
    > "Files" from one PC to the other.
    >

    > --
    > XP - WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    > If you find this response helpful,
    > rate it below.
    >

    > "naf" wrote:
    >
    > > my main computer is connected to router and laptop is connect through a
    > > abtaptor and connect to network great but i cannot seem to get printer shared
    > > or files shared how do i do it. i have shared the printer on the main
    > > computer but laptop doesn't find printer etc

+ Reply to Thread