Intel 3945ABG loses connection after login - Wireless

This is a discussion on Intel 3945ABG loses connection after login - Wireless ; Using a Dell Latitude D820 with the Intel 3945ABG network card and the latest version of Intel Pro Network Connection software. Logging on to an active directory domain with Win 2003R2 servers. I have setup a wireless profile using the ...

  1. Intel 3945ABG loses connection after login

    Using a Dell Latitude D820 with the Intel 3945ABG network card and the
    latest version of Intel Pro Network Connection software. Logging on to
    an active directory domain with Win 2003R2 servers. I have setup a
    wireless profile using the administrator tool. The profile is setup as
    both persistent and pre-logon. I have tried only persistent with
    pre-logon for each user, only persistent, only pre-logon. None of these
    combinations seems to work.

    The pre-logon part seem to function ok. I boot the laptop and enter my
    credentials. The pre-logon window pops up, it finds the profile and the
    domain and logs me in. But once the login is finished the login scripts
    do not run. Also I noticed the IntelPro software says the wireless
    connection is good. BUT when I ping the router I get no response. If I
    stop the wireless connection, it automatically restarts and I can again
    ping the router.

    I would like to have it stay connected during the logon process and run
    scripts, etc.

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. Re: Additional Information

    I'm using WinXP Pro and Colubris CN330 Access points.

    I just noticed another interesting thing. Once I login and restart the
    wireless connection I can browse the network. But as soon as I expand a
    server to see its shares, the connection drops. No connectivity.

    Brian

    Brian wrote:
    > Using a Dell Latitude D820 with the Intel 3945ABG network card and the
    > latest version of Intel Pro Network Connection software. Logging on to
    > an active directory domain with Win 2003R2 servers. I have setup a
    > wireless profile using the administrator tool. The profile is setup as
    > both persistent and pre-logon. I have tried only persistent with
    > pre-logon for each user, only persistent, only pre-logon. None of these
    > combinations seems to work.
    >
    > The pre-logon part seem to function ok. I boot the laptop and enter my
    > credentials. The pre-logon window pops up, it finds the profile and the
    > domain and logs me in. But once the login is finished the login scripts
    > do not run. Also I noticed the IntelPro software says the wireless
    > connection is good. BUT when I ping the router I get no response. If I
    > stop the wireless connection, it automatically restarts and I can again
    > ping the router.
    >
    > I would like to have it stay connected during the logon process and run
    > scripts, etc.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

  3. Re: Additional Information

    What are versions of your 3945 driver and Proset?
    How you got them: the driver came with the Proset package, or separately?
    ---PA

    "Brian" wrote in message news:RzWLh.10738$Ng1.4629@newsfe19.lga...
    > I'm using WinXP Pro and Colubris CN330 Access points.
    >
    > I just noticed another interesting thing. Once I login and restart the wireless connection I can browse the network. But as
    > soon as I expand a server to see its shares, the connection drops. No connectivity.
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > Brian wrote:
    >> Using a Dell Latitude D820 with the Intel 3945ABG network card and the latest version of Intel Pro Network Connection
    >> software. Logging on to an active directory domain with Win 2003R2 servers. I have setup a wireless profile using the
    >> administrator tool. The profile is setup as both persistent and pre-logon. I have tried only persistent with pre-logon for
    >> each user, only persistent, only pre-logon. None of these combinations seems to work.
    >>
    >> The pre-logon part seem to function ok. I boot the laptop and enter my credentials. The pre-logon window pops up, it finds
    >> the profile and the domain and logs me in. But once the login is finished the login scripts do not run. Also I noticed the
    >> IntelPro software says the wireless connection is good. BUT when I ping the router I get no response. If I stop the
    >> wireless connection, it automatically restarts and I can again ping the router.
    >>
    >> I would like to have it stay connected during the logon process and run scripts, etc.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Brian

  4. Re: Additional Information

    I am using Intel ProSet version 10.5.1.183
    and the driver for the 3945 is version 10.5.1.75

    I downloaded the package from Intel's site. I used the driver from the
    Proset package.

    Pavel A. wrote:
    > What are versions of your 3945 driver and Proset?
    > How you got them: the driver came with the Proset package, or separately?
    > ---PA
    >
    > "Brian" wrote in message news:RzWLh.10738$Ng1.4629@newsfe19.lga...
    >> I'm using WinXP Pro and Colubris CN330 Access points.
    >>
    >> I just noticed another interesting thing. Once I login and restart the wireless connection I can browse the network. But as
    >> soon as I expand a server to see its shares, the connection drops. No connectivity.
    >>
    >> Brian
    >>

    >> Brian wrote:
    >>> Using a Dell Latitude D820 with the Intel 3945ABG network card and the latest version of Intel Pro Network Connection
    >>> software. Logging on to an active directory domain with Win 2003R2 servers. I have setup a wireless profile using the
    >>> administrator tool. The profile is setup as both persistent and pre-logon. I have tried only persistent with pre-logon for
    >>> each user, only persistent, only pre-logon. None of these combinations seems to work.
    >>>
    >>> The pre-logon part seem to function ok. I boot the laptop and enter my credentials. The pre-logon window pops up, it finds
    >>> the profile and the domain and logs me in. But once the login is finished the login scripts do not run. Also I noticed the
    >>> IntelPro software says the wireless connection is good. BUT when I ping the router I get no response. If I stop the
    >>> wireless connection, it automatically restarts and I can again ping the router.
    >>>
    >>> I would like to have it stay connected during the logon process and run scripts, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Brian

  5. Re: Additional Information

    "Brian" wrote:
    > I am using Intel ProSet version 10.5.1.183
    > and the driver for the 3945 is version 10.5.1.75
    >
    > I downloaded the package from Intel's site. I used the driver from the
    > Proset package.

    This driver is a quite recent one, and I never heard of issue like that.
    However there is a newer version of Proset: 10.5.2.0
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scri...11850&lang=eng

    Try it, if no luck - call support.

    Regards,
    --PA
    > Pavel A. wrote:
    > > What are versions of your 3945 driver and Proset?
    > > How you got them: the driver came with the Proset package, or separately?
    > > ---PA
    > >
    > > "Brian" wrote in message news:RzWLh.10738$Ng1.4629@newsfe19.lga...
    > >> I'm using WinXP Pro and Colubris CN330 Access points.
    > >>
    > >> I just noticed another interesting thing. Once I login and restart the wireless connection I can browse the network. But as
    > >> soon as I expand a server to see its shares, the connection drops. No connectivity.
    > >>
    > >> Brian

+ Reply to Thread