Newby Wirelss Networking - Wireless

This is a discussion on Newby Wirelss Networking - Wireless ; Hi, I am currently using the D-Link router to share our web broadband connection (PC & laptop). Is it possible for me to see the contents on the Lap top and vice versa using the router? If so I would ...

  1. Newby Wirelss Networking

    Hi,
    I am currently using the D-Link router to share our web broadband connection
    (PC & laptop).
    Is it possible for me to see the contents on the Lap top and vice versa
    using the router?

    If so I would like to know how can I acheive this - it would be an excellent
    experience for me. Thank you in much advance.

  2. RE: Newby Wirelss Networking

    The Host should be the desktop and Guest the laptop. Printer and document
    sharing using wireless router.
    Install the printer on the Host PC. Then using Control Panel | Network
    enable File & Printer Sharing and make sure you check the box to allow
    others to print to your printers. Next under Start | Settings | Printers,
    select the printer, check the box to share the printer and assign a name.
    Keep the name short and do not include any blanks, like Printer2.

    You should now be able to add the printer to your Guest PCs using Start |
    Settings | Printers & Faxes | Add Printer. Check the radio button "A
    network printer ..." and then either browse for the printer or enter its
    name (using \\PCName\PrinterName) and continue until finished. Ensure
    that the firewall on your XP PC is set to allow access to remote printers.
    If using XP's native firewall ensure that File and Printer Sharing is
    enabled and that the box with he same name is checked in the Firewall
    exceptions list. The PCName can be found at:

    Start>ControlPanel>System>Computer Name tab. It may look something
    like: "Home-66djksjcpv". Don't type the quotes.
    Click "Next" and it should install the printer on the Guest PC when
    it finds it.

    Note: You can follow the same procedure to get access to
    "Files" from one PC to the other. Happy putering :~)

    --
    XP - WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "myself" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am currently using the D-Link router to share our web broadband connection
    > (PC & laptop).
    > Is it possible for me to see the contents on the Lap top and vice versa
    > using the router?
    >
    > If so I would like to know how can I acheive this - it would be an excellent
    > experience for me. Thank you in much advance.

  3. Re: Newby Wirelss Networking

    Hi
    A Cable/DSL Router is actually a Combo Routing circuits and a Switch (with
    an access Point if it Wireless). Any computer that connected to the switch
    or the Wireless Access Point can become part of a Local network and share
    Files and Printers regardless of whether it is Wired, or Wireless.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "myself" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am currently using the D-Link router to share our web broadband
    > connection
    > (PC & laptop).
    > Is it possible for me to see the contents on the Lap top and vice versa
    > using the router?
    >
    > If so I would like to know how can I acheive this - it would be an
    > excellent
    > experience for me. Thank you in much advance.

+ Reply to Thread