Laptop connects to Desktop. Desktop does not connect to laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Laptop connects to Desktop. Desktop does not connect to laptop - Wireless ; I just set up my home (two computer) wireless network. Everything works correctly, Internet connection from PC and laptop, file and print sharing from laptop with PC. PC recognizes that the laptop is on the network, when I shut laptop ...

  1. Laptop connects to Desktop. Desktop does not connect to laptop

    I just set up my home (two computer) wireless network. Everything works
    correctly, Internet connection from PC and laptop, file and print sharing
    from laptop with PC. PC recognizes that the laptop is on the network, when I
    shut laptop off its icon disappears from PC.
    I cannot connect to the laptop from the PC.
    I get the following error message:
    "\\Laptop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the
    network services. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
    have access permission.
    The network location cannot be reached."

    I have turned off all firewalls on both computers which made no difference
    but have not done anything with the security settings on the wireless linksys
    router.
    My new laptop is HP and they were no help!
    If anyone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    akomet

  2. Re: Laptop connects to Desktop. Desktop does not connect to laptop

    Hi
    Sharing has nothing to do with the Wireless aspects of the connection, or
    the Router, it just a matter of the Sharing configuration in both computers.
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "akomet" wrote in message
    >I just set up my home (two computer) wireless network. Everything works
    > correctly, Internet connection from PC and laptop, file and print sharing
    > from laptop with PC. PC recognizes that the laptop is on the network, when
    > shut laptop off its icon disappears from PC.
    > I cannot connect to the laptop from the PC.
    > I get the following error message:
    > "\\Laptop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the
    > network services. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > you
    > have access permission.
    > The network location cannot be reached."
    >
    > I have turned off all firewalls on both computers which made no difference
    > but have not done anything with the security settings on the wireless
    > linksys
    > router.
    > My new laptop is HP and they were no help!
    > If anyone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > akomet

+ Reply to Thread