Asus A9Rp on-board WLAN keeps breaking - Wireless

This is a discussion on Asus A9Rp on-board WLAN keeps breaking - Wireless ; Have tried both Windows managed and Asus managed. Former was difficult to setup, whereas latter was easy. However neither is stable. If I turn the laptop off, wait a few minutes, then power it up again, the WLAN is still ...

  1. Asus A9Rp on-board WLAN keeps breaking

    Have tried both Windows managed and Asus managed. Former was difficult
    to setup, whereas latter was easy. However neither is stable.

    If I turn the laptop off, wait a few minutes, then power it up again,
    the WLAN is still there. But after turning off the laptop overnight,
    the on-board wireless NIC inevitably can't connect to the AP (wireless
    ADSL modem router) next morning.

    Have an external USB Netgear wireless NIC that invariably works, but
    it is a nuisance to have to use especially when the laptop has onboard
    WLAN.

    Any clues?

    TIA
    jd

  2. Re: Asus A9Rp on-board WLAN keeps breaking

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:17:39 +1100, Gaius Baltar
    wrote in <0s9uv253068occih246qm2gnm19v3omrr8@4ax.com>:

    >Have tried both Windows managed and Asus managed. Former was difficult
    >to setup, whereas latter was easy. However neither is stable.
    >
    >If I turn the laptop off, wait a few minutes, then power it up again,
    >the WLAN is still there. But after turning off the laptop overnight,
    >the on-board wireless NIC inevitably can't connect to the AP (wireless
    >ADSL modem router) next morning.
    >
    >Have an external USB Netgear wireless NIC that invariably works, but
    >it is a nuisance to have to use especially when the laptop has onboard
    >WLAN.
    >
    >Any clues?

    Hard to say. A lot more details would be helpful.

    --
    Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet:
    John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi:

+ Reply to Thread